GDT: Leafs vs Sabres 7PM SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
That .940 record breaking march kinda sealed it bud.

Sealed what? That Andersen like every other goalie goes through hot and cold stretches? He's been phenomenal but if you think Andersen is the only reason the Leafs are where they are, you aren't watching Leafs hockey bud.

Leafs give him plenty of goal support. Matthews is the MVP.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Alex Nylander will be hard player to keep in check.. If they put him on a line with Eichel...., OUCH! :amazed:

Alex is nothing to worry about in this game. 9 goals and 18 assists in 62 AHL games? Hardly a threat at this point in time.

Let's make a trade... and get these two brothers back together here, on the same team.. :D :handclap: :yo:

Bracco, Hunwick & JVR... for... Ristolainen.. & A. Nylander...

Would do that trade instantly, but Buffalo doesn't even entertain it obviously.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Another must win game it looks like considering the teams were playing to end off the season. Next 4 games are against Tampa, Washington, Pittsburgh and Columbus. If we can beat Tampa in regulation and pick up a win Buffalo/any of the 3 other remaining games, we're in.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Sealed what? That Andersen like every other goalie goes through hot and cold stretches? He's been phenomenal but if you think Andersen is the only reason the Leafs are where they are, you aren't watching Leafs hockey bud.

Leafs give him plenty of goal support. Matthews is the MVP.

Playing like a #1 goaltender. Not sure that's a bad thing?

Good teams have good goaltending.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Got that right and he is making the Kessel trade look sweeter and sweeter. Suddenly that Pits pick looks like its gem studded.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

It's not a bad thing nor is it the sole reason they are where they are.

Mowman

Jan 17, 2017
I can't wait for tonight's game! I will be heading to the game with a buddy who is a Sabres fan, and I hope to god I get to pester him on the drive home about the dominating win my Leafs just had.

Go Leafs!

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Alex is nothing to worry about in this game. 9 goals and 18 assists in 62 AHL games? Hardly a threat at this point in time.

LOL! It's pretty deceiving to just look at stats and make an opinion on how a player is playing.., imo..

I would normal agree with you in previous seasons.. about this, but seeing what Lou & Kyle have accomplished shedding Phaneuf's contract
and some of the other surprising trades we have had.., I don't count anything out, anymore.. Lou's a genius..! :)

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It's not a bad thing nor is it the sole reason they are where they are.

Oh no? Think Reimer would pull it off? Hmmm, I don't think this is a PO team at all without a top 15 goalie putting up a top 5 performance to close the season.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Another must win game it looks like considering the teams were playing to end off the season. Next 4 games are against Tampa, Washington, Pittsburgh and Columbus. If we can beat Tampa in regulation and pick up a win Buffalo/any of the 3 other remaining games, we're in.

Yeah we could have the little x next to our name by the end of tomorrow night.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Oh no? Think Reimer would pull it off? Hmmm, I don't think this is a PO team at all without a top 15 goalie putting up a top 5 performance to close the season.

We finally get this close to playoffs and all we can do is argue about which player got us here? Cmon guys, team effort. There are a lot of reasons we are where we are and none of them are the sole reason.

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
Uhh, Andersen is a good goalie but Matthews is the MVP. The amount of goals he's scored to put the Leafs ahead or tie games is incredible.

If you think Andersen is the only reason we are "sniffing" (our odds are nearly 99%) you aren't watching the Leafs.

By his recent post history (Boyle a sideways move for GOAT for instance) I think you might be right

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad

That is not even enough to get them to even entertain the offer if it so was for "just" Ristolainen. Then add Nylander... just no.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
We finally get this close to playoffs and all we can do is argue about which player got us here? Cmon guys, team effort. There are a lot of reasons we are where we are and none of them are the sole reason.

The Team sport dynamic isn't for everyone.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Anyone know if they take CDN dollars at the Keybank?

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I can't imbed a youtube video, but if anyone can post the "Leafs are the Best" video from '93 that would be much appreciated.

Break the tension in here with a classic song.

"Toronto Maple Leafs

Forget your Disbeliefs!" ....classic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad