GDT: Leafs vs Sabres 7PM SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Really don't mean to be a debbie downer guys but I never feel good about ANY Leafs game in Buffalo, and if we lose tonight it's probably time to start panicking. I'm scared

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I can't imbed a youtube video, but if anyone can post the "Leafs are the Best" video from '93 that would be much appreciated.

Break the tension in here with a classic song.

"Toronto Maple Leafs

Forget your Disbeliefs!" ....classic.

Find it and post it!

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
How sweet would it be for Auston to score #40 at home in front of all the Leafs fans? :sarcasm:

I have 2 wishes for tonight (aside from the win): 1. Matthews scores a pair. 2. Eichel is kept off the score sheet. That guy has torched us the last two games, and we need to keep the damage to a minimum if we want to win.

Also, has anyone else gone to the Sabres board? They have a thread asking if Eichel should win the Hart. Most of their posters are shooting it down, but still...yikes.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011

Tampa gains huge ground on us if we lose, and our remaining games are against Washington, TB themselves, Pittsburgh, and Columbus.

It is very possible we go 0-3 against WSH, PIT and CBJ, which would make the TB game extremely extremely important, and if we lose that one we can probably kiss our playoff hopes goodbye.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
How sweet would it be for Auston to score #40 at home in front of all the Leafs fans? :sarcasm:

I have 2 wishes for tonight (aside from the win): 1. Matthews scores a pair. 2. Eichel is kept off the score sheet. That guy has torched us the last two games, and we need to keep the damage to a minimum if we want to win.

Also, has anyone else gone to the Sabres board? They have a thread asking if Eichel should win the Hart. Most of their posters are shooting it down, but still...yikes.

Imagine if he scored 2 or 3 and then "celebrated" with a Sabres fan. Oh man.

Tampa gains huge ground on us if we lose, and our remaining games are against Washington, TB themselves, Pittsburgh, and Columbus.

It is very possible we go 0-3 against WSH, PIT and CBJ, which would make the TB game extremely extremely important, and if we lose that one we can probably kiss our playoff hopes goodbye.

Yeah. Don't tell me one season has changed you all. The Leafs might be saving their most impressive trick for last, collapsing from 2nd in the division with 5 games left (two of which are in hand on other teams).

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
It seems like Eichel has torched us every game we play against him. Hopefully not tonight. Very excited for Nylander vs Nylander as well.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Well yeah if the Leafs don't win any more games the rest of the way, of course they won't make it in all likeliness ... But you really expect them to do that poorly? So much doom and gloom.

The Sens play 5 in 7 nights and are on a downward trend recently (with Method and EK's injuries) .. They could easily slide out.

Boston only has 3 games left - Tampa, Ottawa, and Washington. They could only win 1 more game of that bunch.

And Tampa still has to beat Boston, the Leafs, and Montreal all on the road where they haven't been that strong this season

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Sabres play us tough. But I'm hopeful. Go Leafs Go!

That's a good thing. Leafs will play the Sabres tough as well.

Win and we are 2-1 in Buffalo and people can't stop bringing all time records up every damn time we play them (probably not going to happen).

Nice. We get a break here. Both Nilsson and Lehner have good numbers but I'd rather face the tired goalie.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Would really help the cause to at least get a point, hopefully two tonight.

Really hope they can keep keep Eichel off the scoresheet tonight, Leafs D has had trouble with him . . .
Also looking for better games from our 'vets' - Kadri, Bozak and Rielly (JVR has picked it up recently and is already playing a bit better)

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
In the end, let's just go and win. Get 2 points, one step closer to clinching a playoff spot, everyone can get behind that.

5 games left, let's just win every game possible. I just hope the team is motivated for some payback. Have Matthews hit 40, Marner pick up some more points, etc. Win and head back home in a more comfortable spot for the last stretch at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad