Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Saw a post on the Oilers board that I thought was fascinating:

Kampf, Kase and Bunting combined make less then Zach Kassian
Simmonds and Spezza combined make as much as Kyle Turris

We essentially have 5 of our most useful role players for the price of their 2 plugs. It's insane how bad the Oilers management has been at surrounding their stars with talent. Props to Dubas for being able to find these useful pieces at cheap costs

Almost like Dubas is pretty good at what he does... weird.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Are they considering cancelling tonights game?

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Engvall Kampf and Mikheyev should be an interesting line and I like Kase with Matthews. Big chance for Liljegren to take a step and Holl will hopefully have a flashback to when he single handedly shut down McDavid, Draisaitl and the entire Oilers team. Another advantage is them not having Zach "makes every line he plays on better" Hyman. Looking forward to this game. All that said would not surprise me if the Leafs pulled a real stinker.

I think Matthewa should be able to be on a line with 2 complimentary players who are not stars like crosby

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

they probably should but probably won’t because they will not be able to make up these games without disrupting the schedule. I think they are going to play unfortunately! Hopefully none of our guys contract it

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
the fact that Mcleod was positive should be a huge red flag

its not a huge red flag, it’s not even confirmed yet. If they run the tests and everyone else is negative and does not test positive they should be good to go

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Saw a post on the Oilers board that I thought was fascinating:

Kampf, Kase and Bunting combined make less than Zack Kassian
Simmonds and Spezza combined make as much as Kyle Turris

We essentially have 5 of our most useful role players for the price of their 2 plugs. It's insane how bad the Oilers management has been at surrounding their stars with talent. Props to Dubas for being able to find these useful pieces at cheap costs
Also these guys are mostly signing on discounts to boost their value, play close to home, play in the hockey mecca.

Who's signing on a discount to play in hockey Siberia? Chris Pronger's wife ain't much different than most hockey wives, they don't wanna live in -30 weather for 3 months of the year

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
they probably should but probably won’t because they will not be able to make up these games without disrupting the schedule. I think they are going to play unfortunately! Hopefully none of our guys contract it
Its probably the smart thing to do players are dropping like flies with covid lately and not just NHL, NFL i read had 37 players test positive throughout the league.

As much as I want to see us light up the Oilers and rub it in my friends in families face telling them to rename the arena Matthews' Place, health is more important at this time.

Reactions: francis246

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Also these guys are mostly signing on discounts to boost their value, play close to home, play in the hockey mecca.
Thats why Connor signed the length of contract that he did?

Please, its not that bad here. Been living here 40 years in March and survived. Got about 25 cms of snow here overnight. Didnt have to call in the army to help remove snow.

Reactions: thinkblue

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Oh FFS Brad Meier, I'm imagining like 7 PP for Edmonton tonight, maybe 1 in garbage time for Toronto. That just made me really not wanna watch this game, why does this clown still have a job ?

Reactions: supermann_98

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I hope not .. there are gonna be much bigger issues in next couple weeks .. like provinces restricting large size crowds again til everyone has a booster shot .. and that one is gonna cause trouble with people who have paid for their tickets .. and many more players are gonna get COVID with new fast spreading strain so more games are gonna get postponed .. most people getting COVID now with OMICRON are fully vaxxed people

SwollenGoat

Sep 23, 2008
South River
I hope not .. there are gonna be much bigger issues in next couple weeks .. like provinces restricting large size crowds again til everyone has a booster shot .. and that one is gonna cause trouble with people who have paid for their tickets .. and many more players are gonna get COVID with new fast spreading strain so more games are gonna get postponed .. most people getting COVID now with OMICRON are fully vaxxed people
Well the country is 80% with at least one vaccination so that would make sense, the severe cases and hospitalizations are still among the unvaccinated.

Reactions: Optimist

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It’s been mentioned that they can use the Olympic break to make up games.
Regardless if games need to be cancelled there shouldn’t be any reasons why they can’t.

Reactions: francis246
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad