Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Honestly, I just want the boys to hold the Oilers to 2 goals or less. We've been a defensive tire fire for over a week now.

Having Micheyev and Dermott back should give new life to our lineup. Hopefully they are fit to go

Reactions: leafsfan5

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Just a game to re-establish structure. Happy to see 2 players from that team but the rest would inspire a fart and a gulp of beer regardless of the outcome. The crisis lines will be busy in Edmonton tonight if the Leafs continue the thrashing they delivered last year. If not, looking forward to the McDavid vs....[fill in the blank] and the Drai vs.... [fill in the blank] polls tomorrow.

Reactions: Hotel Mario

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
9PM start, and for once I'm happy about it. Should be home in time to catch the 1st, any word on Marner ?

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I did not remember this, hilarious though. How upset was he to do that?
Pretty upset. You wonder how many players have had a moment of madness fantasizing about hitting a ref despite the fact that they would be flushing their careers down the toilet.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
The Oilers have recently taken a nose dive after their hot start, as expected by pretty much every one. The Leafs haven't been pretty defensively the last few weeks as well, so this game very well could be a gong show.

Either it'll be a 7 to 6 kind of game, or the Leafs will put the smackdown on the Oilers as they usually tend to do in their own barn.

I'll go with the latter.

Reactions: supermann_98

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Hyman's out for tonight. It's too bad as that was an interesting sidebar to this game.

Although last I heard he was singlehandedly outscoring our entire top 4 guys so I count ourselves lucky, or was that after the first 3-4 games? Either way, we still gotta contend with the grit and toughness of RNH and Puljujarvi so it won't be easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad