Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
This that gezame y'all heard me. They ain't no gangstas for real. We is. We have all the hard players now, whom are cheap and still scoring. WHAT!! Bunting, a real gangsta. Clifford, a stanley cup winning G. Simmonds hitting and scoring. Ritchie in the bushes. Muzzin twerkin that thang. They ain't no gangstas. WE IS!! Hy-Man (might) too be gone tomorrow, even he is not 100%. WE IS!!!!!!!!!! :one: :hunnid: :hundred: :OG: :fire: :cigar:

WE ARE SO MUCH BETTER TALENT WISE AND MO G THAT THIS GAME IS OURS!! AGAIN! :clap:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
If they play Koskinen we should light them up.

Don't let Oilers fans convince you that goaltending has been the problem for them. They're right in the middle of the pack in team save percentage this year, and have a better record with Koskinen in net than without him in net.

They are simply a terrible defensive team. Also, not even that great offensively at even strength. They have the best PP in the league though.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Don't let Oilers fans convince you that goaltending has been the problem for them. They're right in the middle of the pack in team save percentage this year, and have a better record with Koskinen in net than without him in net.

They are simply a terrible defensive team. Also, not even that great offensively at even strength. They have the best PP in the league though.

I think they would know a little more about the team than you seeing as they watch the team consistently.

Reactions: ujju2

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Expect them to keep it tight defensively against McJesus & Draisaitl, this could hopefully be Justin Holl's redemption game.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Hopefully Keefe remembers what made us so successful against them last year. Clog the neutral zone to ensure McDavid has no momentum entering into the zone

thinkblue

Oct 6, 2020
Bad time to visit, IMO. Oilers are due.

Mike Smith might be back for them tomorrow

Hyman left the last game but if he plays you'd think they'd be extra motivated to get the w.

Edit -Hyman not on ice w the oilers today

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
At least it wasn't Hymans knee getting injured (again).

I just hope his shoulder doesn't give him the same problems his knee(s) did in Toronto.

Reactions: Pi

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Their depth is honestly not that bad either. I am on vacation right now so I've got a lot of free time and whenever I watch their games, it feels like they go out of their way to overplay McDavid and Draisaitl and as good as these guys are, holy shit they tend to force so many plays that just aren't there. I guess when you know you can go through 4 players through just skating, you just keep trying to do it over and over again hoping to get another highlight reel play.

People thought Hyman would have a breakout year with McDrai but his numbers on ES have gotten worse and the only reason he's on pace for roughly the same amount of points as the last two years is PP production on the first PP where he never got a chance to be on with on the Leafs.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I don't believe in that. If that's the case, the Leafs were due for a playoff series win about 3 series ago. You get what you put in.
That's not even remotely the same thing.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Hope you're right. Saw the last part of their game against Carolina and if not for Andersen that would have been a different result.

I saw Carolina lose to Vancouver as well, they look like us right now

She's a long drag of a season

Reactions: Jojalu

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I saw Carolina lose to Vancouver as well, they look like us right now

She's a long drag of a season
I didn't catch that one but Van has been playing well since the coaching change.
Anyone can beat anyone, we see that almost every night.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
That's not even remotely the same thing.

How is it not the same thing? You say they are simply due for a win? Are the Leafs not due to win a playoff series if the whole reason you think the Oilers are due to win is because of their losing streak?

No team is due anything. You get what you put in.

The Islanders were "due" to win against us in their new arena after losing so many games and even after losing to us, they lost about 5 more times before they won the game they were due.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
How is it not the same thing? You say they are simply due for a win? Are the Leafs not due to win a playoff series if the whole reason you think the Oilers are due to win is because of their losing streak?

No team is due anything. You get what you put in.

The Islanders were "due" to win against us in their new arena after losing so many games and even after losing to us, they lost about 5 more times before they won the game they were due.
Playoffs are a tougher beast to start not a random Tuesday night game. The Leafs have won in the playoffs just not the 4 games to sweep a series.
You are correct, being 'due' isn't a guarantee of anything. You would think some things could go without saying.

Reactions: ULF_55
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad