GDT: Leafs vs Oilers | CBC 7:00PM | Return Of Eakins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Scarface*

We're playing pretty pretty, pretty good this season (considering) we're still missing key puzzles like Kulemin, Frazer McLaren and Clarkson and FRASER (who was real good against montreal for example). These are also all tough, hard players who HIT A LOT.
There's a lot of that good energy missing and being missed, but it'll get even better soon.

Our team is so good and tough. Real good and goofy job by carlyle with this squad already already! Noice!!! With a british accent.

I really love the maple leafs. Wanting McLaren and all those guys back soon.... McLaren is a crime figure.

Asif16*

People here need to stop blaming Bozak for everything. He's a good player for us and his cap hit is sensible.

No man. JUSt stop. Its over. I was a supporter of bozak. But this is ridiculous. Dude has NO ****ING BUSINESS TO BE ON THE FIRST LINE!!!

****KSJNDJDNFJFNFNF

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
They don't need to stop blaming Bozak for his ineptness in the offensive zone because those complaints are well-founded.

Fair enough. But lets be real, Bozak does not get paid to score goals. He adds some defensive responsibility to the top line, is usually good at faceoffs (sure, not this game), and kills penalties really well. He can occasionally score some goals, too.

Kyle Doobas*

Gardiner has been awful, no idea why he refuses to skate anymore. All his plays are made at almost a standstill.
He keeps putting guys in awful positions by making bonehead suicide passes so far this season. In the first period he threw it up the ice to Lupul who was surrounded by two or three Oilers FFS

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
No man. JUSt stop. Its over. I was a supporter of bozak. But this is ridiculous. Dude has NO ****ING BUSINESS TO BE ON THE FIRST LINE!!!

****KSJNDJDNFJFNFNF

Why? Because JVR and Kessel could not finish 2 gift wrapped passes tonight by Bozak?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Of the 3 goals that went in...I would say the last one was on Bernier, outside of that...he's been pretty good.

No rebounds laying in front of the net.

Asif16*

Hasnt hasnt shown me anything as to why he should be playing. Reilly has looked better than Ranger and Gardiner combined.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Yeah Gardiner hasn't been great. Was a period in first where Ranger bailed him out several times when he was hopelessly out of position.

I think it seems he is thinking too much, and he's not a thinking player. He's probably been told he need to evaluate situations better, and now he seems to second guess every chance he's got to use his qualities.

He's not hurting us as a third pairing guy though, it's just to be patient and hope we get back playoff-Gardiner.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
He was playing great, the odd turnover here and there. Then Randy singled him out and it's been all downhill.

There was really never a time that Gardiner wasnt a turnover machine, except briefly in the playoffs when he really smartened up and had probably his best stretch of his career. Defensively this season he's looked worse than ever.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Stock is the worst "analyst" in the business. I would even put Bob McGill above him.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Of the 3 goals that went in...I would say the last one was on Bernier, outside of that...he's been pretty good.

No rebounds laying in front of the net.

He was shaky early, but he is making the saves when they count right now, that is the difference with a good stats goalie and a goalie that wins.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
And unlike yourself, they can actually grasp that it was BERNIER kicking the rebound out like that intentionally.

You guys are so busy posting butthurt responses even to things they DONT say, how can you possibly be watching the game? :laugh:

Sorry I missed a comment where he didn't mention a name. Enjoy your high horse though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad