Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
On the other hand If they don’t win the cup it will be a disappointment. It can be both of those once the season is over.

Kind of disagree here. I'll be disappointed if/when they get eliminated but not to the level of like 2011 etc.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Oilers allowed the 10 least goals this year, Vancouver 6th.
So either Edmonton can’t play defense and Skinner is an elite goalie.
Or Edmonton can play defence and you just spew nonsense.
But Edmonton always loses to Canucks this year

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Series official lil over an hr ago, and we almost at 500 posts in this thread. Apologies to the mods, and thank you for your service to this country 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: sepHF

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
You're acting like the Canucks are a young rebuilding team. All of their top players are on or are about to be on big contracts and are basically the same age as the Oilers top players and their #1C is 31. Their window should have opened years ago. They're on a pretty similar window timeline as Edmonton unless Drai and McDavid don't re-sign.
I don't think we are a rebuilding team, but with Lekk and Willander on the horizon, and Petey and Hughes being 25 and 24, we have a longer window than the Oilers, as of this moment.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
yes, 10 teams feel this way INCLUDING THE LEAFS AND THE OILERS who traded 1st round picks. Go troll your own team for trading a 1st round pick for a rental.

I have no idea what you're on about.

Any team that trades a 1st round pick for a rental and loses would like to reverse that trade. There's aspirations when you trade your future for rentals. Claiming Vancouver has no expectations while acquiring rentals for 1st round picks is inaccurate.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
So McDavid is good defensively? I thought he sucked too. Y’all’s narratives change constantly.
Don’t even know what you’re responding to, but have you heard the saying “the best defence is offence?” That sums up McDavid, Draisaitl and Bouchard.

Lack of Dzone starts also help..

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Oilers have all the pressure. I can't imagine what it'll be like if they lose hahaha
Probably a big letdown compared to whatever hyperbole you're imagining. Likely a Campbell buyout and an attempt by the new GM to overhaul the defense (Ceci, Nurse, etc.) and to bring in more options in the bottom 6.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
@snipes my Seahawks friend, good luck to your team this series.

*extend handshake :cheers:

You as well pal.

Hopefully this series doesn’t ruin our HF friendship.

Should be an intense series. I’m expecting this one to get nasty and I’m all for it. Should be a wild matchup.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
I know it was the Kings but the Oilers just seemed more seasoned and patient with their approach playing in the playoffs then previous years after gaining experience. The Canucks just seem to be still trying to figure out their playoff game despite winning their series. Don’t know if they can still evolve and beat the Oilers in a series time frame. No Demko is just a huge loss for them this series.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
But we did, even in these playoffs
It was different with the Kings. U had them 3 yrs in a row, theres a lot of familiarity there.
Towards the end of the regular season, the Oil had very few wins against playoff teams thay play defensive grinding style hockey.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad