GDT: Leafs vs Oilers | CBC 7:00PM | Return Of Eakins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Fair enough. But lets be real, Bozak does not get paid to score goals. He adds some defensive responsibility to the top line, is usually good at faceoffs (sure, not this game), and kills penalties really well. He can occasionally score some goals, too.

No.

If he is on the first line then he needs to be held accountable for his offensive production. He is constantly a step behind the play, or botching scoring attempts that have been delivered to him on a platter.

If his role was simply to be a defensive centre and kill penalties that would be a different story. But it's not, and you Bozak defenders need to stop ignoring a very valid criticism of his game.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
Overall I think the Leafs have been playing pretty crappy tonight. Hopefully they get things together for the 3rd. Hopefully Bernier can shut the door

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
4 shots on Dubynk in the 2nd period is unacceptable. I know the PK'ing killed our momentum but it's time to get back to basics and shoot from all angles.

leafstilldeath*

No.

If he is on the first line then he needs to be held accountable for his offensive production. He is constantly a step behind the play, or botching scoring attempts that have been delivered to him on a platter.

If his role was simply to be a defensive centre and kill penalties that would be a different story. But it's not, and you Bozak defenders need to stop ignoring a very valid criticism of his game.

:nod::nod::nod:

Not to forget his bonehead passes to Kessel even if Kessel has two players on him

And

He has been sucking on faceoffs too...

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Of the 3 goals that went in...I would say the last one was on Bernier, outside of that...he's been pretty good.

No rebounds laying in front of the net.

He's slow on the first, but that's on the defense primarily. They get to create that chance way too easily, even if Bernier is not tripped up it's still a quality chance.

The second one is perhaps not weak due to redirecting off Hall, but normally Bernier is in such good position that the slight redirection wouldn't matter. He wasn't this time.

The third is the worst I've seen of him. Completely and utterly lost, and got frozen when he lost it. Our defense was very weak at that play. Franson must still get better at using his strength and size. Still can't believe that he got bumped by Cory Conacher.

and OUCH. Not nice comments about Remier there.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Are we not allowed to post about hockey women on this site? Lol

My bad if we're not

leafstilldeath*

Man I am loving the determination, respect and love shown by players and coach to each other in Avalanche.

Respect!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad