Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
giphy.gif
I can't wait until I never see this guy in a Leaf uniform ever again.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Mods can we please thread ban people who want the Leafs to lose or get them their own thread?

Yes, the Leafs lost to a Zamboni Driver in front of a team that played lights out. It's still just one game out of 82.

I don't understand all the whining. These guys tolerated:

Brian Burke destroying the team by trading draft picks
Nonis signing David Clarkson
Carlyle
Ron Wilson
Peter Horachek
Brett Lebda
Waffles
4-1 Collapse

but want the Leafs to get blown out for the rest of the season because of one game? They have played a total of 0 games this season where they were healthy. They were down in the dumps with Detroit and Ottawa when they fired Babcock.

Yes this season has sucked so far but just enjoy the fact that despite all this shit they are still in a playoff spot, under a new coach, under a new system with a revolving door of new players coming to replace the injured players.

Not making excuses for them, just stating facts. Carolina game was an embarrassment but I'd rather have that embarrassment in the regular season with time to turn things around.

Every team goes through adversity. Boston got reverse swept by Philly after leading 3-0 in the series AND 3-0 in Game 7. Wonder if our team did that? Would you even give them a chance to come back or want everyone traded?

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
Mods can we please thread ban people who want the Leafs to lose or get them their own thread?

Yes, the Leafs lost to a Zamboni Driver in front of a team that played lights out. It's still just one game out of 82.

Carlyle
Ron Wilson
Peter Horachek
Brett Lebda
Waffles
4-1 Collapse

but want the Leafs to get blown out for the rest of the season because of one game? They have played a total of 0 games this season where they were healthy. They were down in the dumps with Detroit and Ottawa when they fired Babcock.

Yes this season has sucked so far but just enjoy the fact that despite all this shit they are still in a playoff spot, under a new coach, under a new system with a revolving door of new players coming to replace the injured players.

Not making excuses for them, just stating facts. Carolina game was an embarrassment but I'd rather have that embarrassment in the regular season with time to turn things around.

Every team goes through adversity. Boston got reverse swept by Philly after leading 3-0 in the series AND 3-0 in Game 7. Wonder if our team did that? Would you even give them a chance to come back or want everyone traded?

Its kinda weird that youre complaining about people complaining about the loss to a Zamboni driver.....yet your name is 'LostToAZamboniDriver'.....

but yeah its getting annoying

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Its kinda weird that youre complaining about people complaining about the loss to a Zamboni driver.....yet your name is 'LostToAZamboniDriver'.....

but yeah its getting annoying

Yeah, and my username is a fact. I am not whining about it.

Tomorrow night the Tampa Bay Lightning will have lost to the team that lost to a Zamboni driver!

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

Carlyle
Ron Wilson
Peter Horachek
Brett Lebda
Waffles
4-1 Collapse

Your name is literally mocking the team and you’re asking mods to ban the haters? Hello in there.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto

Carlyle
Ron Wilson
Peter Horachek
Brett Lebda
Waffles
4-1 Collapse

Just one game? Have you watched at all this season?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Just one game? Have you watched at all this season?

Yeah I have, and you would have noticed that if you read the whole thing.

They were with Detroit and Ottawa after 22 games of the season. 6th in the NHL after Keefe got hired with lots of bumps along the way and injuries to go with it.

Yeah they aren't perfect, we all know that but to wish that this team doesn't make the playoffs is idiotic. They clawed their way back after a shitty start, they have some tough games where they barely look like a team and games where they dominate.

For the people who don't want them to make the playoffs, why are you even watching? It's not like you can tank now, they aren't finishing bottom 10.

The Leafs played shitty for all of 2019 as well but flipped the switch in the playoffs and played a good series. The team and Andersen have lots to answer about their mettle in pressure situations in a do or die game but they still show up in the playoffs...they didn't get embarrassed like the Lightning who lit the league on fire in the regular season and were total duds in the playoffs and got kicked in the teeth by an 8th seed.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I was just thinking that. Beat Tampa, think we’re turning the corner again, only to lose against Florida the next game. Another troll job to the fans that would be...

Only for the gullible ones. It’ll take a lot more than just stringing together a few wins in the regular season to get me to overlook 2.5 years of consistent choking.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Matthews' getting busted with his pants down at the beginning of the season was just a sign of how the season would go - an embarrassment.

Reminds me of how Clarkson got that preseason suspension when he first signed and the team never got on track (albeit they were a lot worse).

At least the Leafs are still in the mix for a run. Might as well cheer for them to make it because at least it will give some hope that they actually give a shit. Not that I'm optimistic.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
They were talking as if Sandin and Liljegren will be playing a lot more down the stretch. I hope that's the case.
Of course.
We're life and death for the playoffs and we have 2 kids who aren't ready playing crucial minutes.
Sandin is terrible defensively but that is to be expected.
Brutal defence except for Muzz.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
TB
FLA
VAN

How many points do we honestly expect to come out of those games? How this week plays out is likely going to define the season and the fate of our playoff aspirations.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018

Carlyle
Ron Wilson
Peter Horachek
Brett Lebda
Waffles
4-1 Collapse

Free speach.
It's a thing.
I adore the Leafs and hope they lose every game until Dubas gets fired.
You are free to think for yourself.
As is everyone else.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Please go:

Engvall-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner

Matthews-Marner and Tavares-Nylander has gotten stale and not working!

Come on Keefe; make some changes man; don't just stay status quo ffs

Agreed. Both lines are meh but the JT-Nylander pair has looked garbage lately. Really unfortunate that Mikheyev went down because I think he is what that line needs. Put a pure elite playmaker back with JT to get him going and hope the magic Matthews and Nylander had with Hyman before can be rekindled.

If we don't get blasted by Tampa I'll be happy.

Reactions: stuart5035

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
TB
FLA
VAN

How many points do we honestly expect to come out of those games? How this week plays out is likely going to define the season and the fate of our playoff aspirations.

Sure, tough week... but then we have Sharks, Kings, Ducks, Senators, Habs, Wings, Devils, Predators,

Though we also have, Lightning (x2), Bruins, Islanders, Blue Jackets, Panthers, Capitals.

We have our share of decent games too...

Reactions: BayStBullies

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
The good news is the Raptors and Bucks will be on at the same time :D
I was watching some NBA two weeks ago, and it was a big game between two contenders.

Players were being bump hard falling down hard onto the court, elbows to the body, elbows to the face. Watched another game between two contenders and the same thing, the same style of very physical play.

Those basketball games had more psychical play that all the recent Leafs games.

:baghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad