WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
The Leafs are in for a shock.

tumblr_inline_p6mzw0HT8U1tg5wat_540.gifv
good ol' grimey

Reactions: Polaris1010

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Barrie will look really good on another team, and it will show our fans are part of the problem.
Barrie will be good on another team for sure, but that doesn't mean he's what this team needs. We lost our best asset (Kadri) for kerfoot and a year of Barrie.....

Back on topic, I would say this is a big game to get back on track but f*** it, this team will probably lay down and die the second Tampa presses tomorrow. We hit rock bottom on Saturday though so only up from here I guess

Reactions: stickty111

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
After what happened a few days ago, the margin for error might be thinner than ever.

Last edited:

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

Post deadline time. Looks like Lilly draws back in

Good about Lilly back in but would like to see the defense shuffled a bit.

Muzzin-Barrie
Sandin-Holl
Dermott-Liljegren

-Dermott has struggled in a top 4 spot this year but has played well on his off-side and with Liljegren.

Holl-Sandin has a 62% CF in limited action so I would like to see more, and Muzzin-Barrie was actually pretty good and not as disasterous as people made it seem.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
I'm a mess.

If they play like shit, I'm going to shit on Dubas (assuming management would have let him trade Barrie for picks) because this team doesn't deserve a "self rental" like they did in the last two seasons with JVR, Bozak & Gardiner...

But if they win I'm going to be ecstatic and somehow think that they may be turning a corner??? (Lol).

It's not your fault, it's not your fault.

Lol, really, love your family, enjoy life, it's all gonna be okay.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Mods can we please thread ban people who want the Leafs to lose or get them their own thread?

Yes, the Leafs lost to a Zamboni Driver in front of a team that played lights out. It's still just one game out of 82.

I don't understand all the whining. These guys tolerated:

Brian Burke destroying the team by trading draft picks
Nonis signing David Clarkson
Carlyle
Ron Wilson
Peter Horachek
Brett Lebda
Waffles
4-1 Collapse

but want the Leafs to get blown out for the rest of the season because of one game? They have played a total of 0 games this season where they were healthy. They were down in the dumps with Detroit and Ottawa when they fired Babcock.

Yes this season has sucked so far but just enjoy the fact that despite all this shit they are still in a playoff spot, under a new coach, under a new system with a revolving door of new players coming to replace the injured players.

Not making excuses for them, just stating facts. Carolina game was an embarrassment but I'd rather have that embarrassment in the regular season with time to turn things around.

Every team goes through adversity. Boston got reverse swept by Philly after leading 3-0 in the series AND 3-0 in Game 7. Wonder if our team did that? Would you even give them a chance to come back or want everyone traded?

Agree with EVERYTHING you say. Let them have their say, or put them on ignore if you like, I'm with, support the team, don't kick them when they're down, but, I also UNDERSTAND why they feel like they do, most of it'll blow over.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
We'll probably win this one with a monster effort, so everyone will believe again and have hope, than we'll lose the next 3 playing like an AHL team.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
TB
FLA
VAN

How many points do we honestly expect to come out of those games? How this week plays out is likely going to define the season and the fate of our playoff aspirations.

Did you miss Florida's salary shed at the deadline? I don't see a reason we can't beat FLA especially trading away guys like Trocheck (who for some weird reason plays his best games against us)

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Hey look, another must win game after a hugely embarrassing loss. This one is a little different in magnitude, but when has that mattered?

40% chance they come out with some heart and get a gutsy win, 60% chance they just roll over and die. It will tell us nothing, but it would be nice to get the two points if they’re determined to stick around the season. 19 games to prove they give a shit.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I really don’t know anymore what is coming out.
A fetal position game?
Not start on time but finish strong?
Start on time but fall apart late?
Good start to finish?

Reactions: Ignatius Reilly

Blue Nate

Sep 27, 2017
St Catharines
Watching the Raptors embody the meaning of team defense only magnifies how poorly the Leafs' commitment to defend is. They are so much more inspiring and gratifying to watch that if 10 year old me was alive today I'd be asking for Raps gear for christmas instead of Leafs.

Reactions: PromisedLand
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad