Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
The Leafs:

The only team to do nothing but acquire a backup and a meaningless cheap winger at the deadline but be trade deadline losers according to the mainboard.

Reactions: Walshy7

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
The Leafs:

The only team to do nothing but acquire a backup and a meaningless cheap winger at the deadline but be trade deadline losers according to the mainboard.
They should just call this the HL boards. (Hate leafs) lol

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I'll note that people who are riding the Leafs for losing to Carolina the other night like to refer David Ayres as a Zamboni driver and not his more relevant position as Leafs practice goalie, a role that may be more relevant to his emergency goalie appearance. He likely had a better idea of how to play the Leafs than most emergency goalies would.

Also, people talk about how embarrassing it was, I honestly think it was less embarrassing than Boston losing 9-3 to Vancouver with Rask posting a .778 Sv% backed up by Halak with .625 Sv%. In other words, the two Boston goalies performed worse than an emergency goalie.

And if the Leafs did win on Saturday, everyone would just be saying that Ayers let them win because he works for them.

It's best for the players and fans to just move on. Holding on to stupid stuff like this serves very little purpose. The only reason to ever think about David Ayres or Saturday's game again is as the answer to a trivia question.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Remember when our post TDL rosters included the skating corpses of Olli Jokinen and Eric Brewer? I'll take this team any night.

GO LEAFS GO

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The Leafs:

I wasnt against dubas not making a trade to lose more assets when this team isn't good enough yet but the fact that he is letting barrie walk for nothing this summer specially when were not going anywhere this year adds to the other years or letting ufas walk for nothing.

Imagine what we could have gotten this year if we put together whatever Gardiner, bozak, jvr and barrie got us in return.

Knowing ur team wasnt/isn't close yet so making move to help us, doesn't have to by right now, it could be assets to help next year, Sumner trades, etc

It's just too much of awful decisions for too many years in a row

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised if we had a huge win tonight

But I also wouldn't be surprised if we lose 8-2

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I'll note that people who are riding the Leafs for losing to Carolina the other night like to refer David Ayres as a Zamboni driver and not his more relevant position as Leafs practice goalie, a role that may be more relevant to his emergency goalie appearance. He likely had a better idea of how to play the Leafs than most emergency goalies would.

Also, people talk about how embarrassing it was, I honestly think it was less embarrassing than Boston losing 9-3 to Vancouver with Rask posting a .778 Sv% backed up by Halak with .625 Sv%. In other words, the two Boston goalies performed worse than an emergency goalie.

And if the Leafs did win on Saturday, everyone would just be saying that Ayers let them win because he works for them.

It's best for the players and fans to just move on. Holding on to stupid stuff like this serves very little purpose. The only reason to ever think about David Ayres or Saturday's game again is as the answer to a trivia question.

Yes, best to move on. Sweep Florida and all will be well.

As for winning Saturday. I take everybody saying that they won because of Ayers over the humiliation of losing to Ayres any day. No chance of beating the Canes down 4-1 with Mrazek in goal they way they played.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Which is ironic considering a few years ago after those LeBron playoff disasters and the 10 straight losses, it seemed like everyone was ready to run Lowry out of the city.

Well, they ran DeRozan out along with Casey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->