Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I’m expecting “insert words here” effort tonight.
Sports_Words__35452.1313439290.JPG

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I am hoping that they come out playing hard tonight and Thursday.

I flew down for the Florida road trip this year, just getting parked by the Arena now!

Go Leafs Go!!
Good luck and I hope they make your trip worthwhile. Have fun no matter what.

Heritage

Jan 17, 2016
Halifax
Good luck and I hope they make your trip worthwhile. Have fun no matter what.

I will definitely have fun, we planned this trip specifically when we saw the schedule come out for this year.

I just hope we can pick up a few points while I am cheering on the team in person, instead of yelling at my TV set.

Reactions: crump

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
Didn't we just get through 3 years of complaining that Marner & Matthews weren't playing together?

Yeah, but those 3 years were the mistake of an idiotic coach who didn't know or understand his players.

Totally different times.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I’m gonna watch the raptors game over this one. The entire leafs team doesn’t have half as much heart as Kyle Lowry

Funny. Lowry was considered to be a selfish no heart, dud when he first came up. After multiple playoff failures with Derozen and the Raps, he matured and grew up. Good thing fans didn't run the team and ship him out for emotional reasons.

As people compare the Leafs and Raps, they tend to leave out that it was a long process to win last year.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I’m gonna watch the raptors game over this one. The entire leafs team doesn’t have half as much heart as Kyle Lowry

I'm gonna record both and go back and forth between the two. Lowry's awesome, he reminds me of Gilmour.

Funny. Lowry was considered to be a selfish no heart, dud when he first came up. After multiple playoff failures with Derozen and the Raps, he matured and grew up. Good thing fans didn't run the team and ship him out for emotional reasons.

As people compare the Leafs and Raps, they tend to leave out that it was a long process to win last year.

Truth worth remembering.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto

Not to mention even in their playoff run they had many off court relationship problem between the players and GM. It wasn’t until Lowry sat with Masai they patch it through.

Many people here who sing praises of the Raptors have probably never followed the team before their championship year.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

see this is what I thought, but I’m not a raptor fan but I could of sworn I remember Lowry getting shit on in Toronto just a few years ago

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I will be watching the game using this technique. I highly recommend it so you can block out the bad stuff
giphy.gif

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Go leafs go.
I'm here in tampa taking a break from Disney.
Damn, it's sad that the new Tampa jerseys are pretty much leaf jerseys lol
The old skool black and silver were waaaay better

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Dubas is in his early to mid 30s, he grew up with computers and the internet. I bet you he has been on this site more than once. He would know how to set up a couple of burner accounts if he wanted. Imagine he is amongst us, lol.

I could see him visiting a few times but I think he is too busy and has too much sense to spend much time here.

Last edited:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

Which is ironic considering a few years ago after those LeBron playoff disasters and the 10 straight losses, it seemed like everyone was ready to run Lowry out of the city.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
see this is what I thought, but I’m not a raptor fan but I could of sworn I remember Lowry getting shit on in Toronto just a few years ago
There were all type of crap, Lowry dealt with, I think even his weight was in question, too.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad