Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Lightning-well lets see what we have

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Not sure about Kap with JT, that hasn’t worked before. We need a fresh look short term though, so support Keefe trying something.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Dude, I literally asked for that in the Keefe thread 2 days ago. That simple swap on our PP is going to make all the difference in the world.

Rielly back is just as big.

This team is finally, finally coming together.
Yeah it’s overdue. I’d take it a step further and switch Marner with Spezza.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Dude, I literally asked for that in the Keefe thread 2 days ago. That simple swap on our PP is going to make all the difference in the world.

Rielly back is just as big.

This team is finally, finally coming together.

Yes, and Rielly better be back on PP1 by the end of the week.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I suspect the coaches are telling him to shoot, people are crazy if they think a Marner is freelancing out there. He’s told to shoot so they don’t sit on the cross seam. Now whether it’s effective or not, that’s fair game, but these posters (not you) ripping him for the system, it’s ridiculous. Unless of course we’re arguing the coaching staff has no clue, which is interesting for some of us.

I called for Mitch and Barrie to be flipped at least a week ago. I think he will be more effective as the QB from the point like we was last year. He can be better but he is not last year Nylander bad so I am surprised at the level of hate he is getting on this board.

Reactions: DarkKnight

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I called for Mitch and Barrie to be flipped at least a week ago. I think he will be more effective as the QB from the point like we was last year. He can be better but he is not last year Nylander bad so I am surprised at the level of hate he is getting on this board.
The PP is becoming predictable, good idea to mix it up.

Reactions: ToneDog

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Turn it off then, it's social media and that comes with the territory
People are mean to me on Twitter, no ****

I'm assuming you're one of the older guys on here. The new generation (under 25yrs) are tied with their phone and social media. They use it to relax. You can't just say toss out your phone for the rest of the year or till the end of their careers lol. Heck even I use my phone + social media to frequently relax after work.

I used to call people dumb for saying Matthews will leave once he hits UFA. But now I'm thinking it's a real possibility. Why would a non-hometown player want to play in this market, when they could go anywhere else to make the same money and actually enjoy playing there? Make 11M and have no life outside of hockey in Toronto, or make 11M in Carolina, Florida, San Jose, etc and actually enjoy life?

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I'm assuming you're one of the older guys on here. The new generation (under 25yrs) are tied with their phone and social media. They use it to relax. You can't just say toss out your phone for the rest of the year or till the end of their careers lol. Heck even I use my phone + social media to frequently relax after work.

I used to call people dumb for saying Matthews will leave once he hits UFA. But now I'm thinking it's a real possibility. Why would a non-hometown player want to play in this market, when they could go anywhere else to make the same money and actually enjoy playing there? Make 11M and have no life outside of hockey in Toronto, or make 11M in Carolina, Florida, San Jose, etc and actually enjoy life?

That escalated quickly.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

I've got all that **** on my phone, but I know what it is and how bad it can be for your mental health if you can't deal with the **** your going to get no matter who you are, so I act accordingly

If you don't like it don't look at it, if you do that's a you problem

If your a high level professional athlete no matter where you play or sport your involved in social media will sewer you if you or your team aren't performing, I lived in the UK for years and Toronto is pew wee's play house by comparison on how players are treated and talked about

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
I've got all that **** on my phone, but I know what it is and how bad it can be for your mental health if you can't deal with the **** your going to get no matter who you are, so I act accordingly

If you don't like it don't look at it, if you do that's a you problem

I agree. And that's my point though, why would a young player put himself in that position when he can sign in a smaller market? Erik Karlsson for example went to San Jose. He has a massive contract and he's away from the putrid media. Sucks that their top-2 centers were injured all year long, otherwise they'd be in the playoffs as well.

I'm just saying. It's no surprise we've had difficulty signing big-name UFAs in the past.

If your a high level professional athlete no matter where you play or sport your involved in social media will sewer you if you or your team aren't performing, I lived in the UK for years and Toronto is pew wee's play house by comparison on how players are treated and talked about

For hockey, Toronto is the hardest city to play in (in terms of pressure from fans and media). It's even worse for the younger generation for sure. I'm sure it's getting worse for young soccer players as well.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Found out my first will be a baby boy today, hope this results in some good luck because I’m stoked.

That's awesome! Congratulations and make sure to enjoy this amazing time in your life.

........ I took my 15 year old this weekend to buy him his first razor blade and shaving cream, and I still remember like yesterday my wife coming out of the Dr. office and telling me she's pregnant.......... still can't believe where the time went and how big the lump in my throat was when I was teaching him to shave on Sunday. Reminded me of dad too....

It goes fast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad