Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Lightning-well lets see what we have

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
OG kid line is reunited! Not a fan of Kappy playing LW, though who else can play there?

Reactions: tom leafers

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Thank baby jesus Rielly is back.

Even though i expect him to be brutal since its his first game back, anything is better than what we've been throwing out the last couple weeks.

Rielly is also one of the only guys on the team that holds everyone accountable. The leafs basically started their lackluster play as soon as he went down

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
would Dermott/Holl continue to get the shut down role?

i hope so. Holl doing any kind of work in the offensive end usually ends with me on the verge of a nervous breakdown

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Thank baby jesus Rielly is back.

Even though i expect him to be brutal since its his first game back, anything is better than what we've been throwing out the last couple weeks.

Rielly is also one of the only guys on the team that holds everyone accountable. The leafs basically started their lackluster play as soon as he went down

No, remember getting lit up in Sunrise while he was still in the lineup? Just 1 example. The Leafs have been lackluster all season.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
That bottom 6 is horrific

Kerfoot, Spezza plus a bunch of replacement level dudes
If those lines can survive without getting curb stomped I'd be beyond surprised and would call it a massive win

There was no money for better. It's all on the big money guys. Earn your money or we can't win. Time to put on the big boy pants and dominate.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
At least Malgin is off the 2nd line. How the hell do we not have someone in the minors who can take his spot? hes terrible every time i see him.

There's nothing down on the Marlies, it's basically Korshkov and replacement level rubbish up front

Malgin is still in the top 9 which shows just how thin we are because he adds nothing

There was no money for better. It's all on the big money guys. Earn your money or we can't win. Time to put on the big boy pants and dominate.

Yep, the big boys got their money so it's time for them to carry us

We don't have money for depth so if the top 6 needs to play 25 minutes a line so be it

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
That bottom 6 is horrific

Kerfoot, Spezza plus a bunch of replacement level dudes
If those lines can survive without getting curb stomped I'd be beyond surprised and would call it a massive win

What do you think a good bottom-6 looks like? Boston's isn't much better and our 2nd line curb stomps theirs. When we're healthy and Kapanen is on the 3rd line, our bottom-6 is probably better than theirs, their 4th line is trash.

Tampa's is great, but that's less about money and more about being able to find a Paquette and Gourde for free.

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
not a must win, but depending on how the panthers game goes tonight, id feel a lot better if Toronto could pull another Tampa win out of their ass
I expect a rather easy 5-2 like win. Hedman is out. Tampa knows where they are at now. They will try to outskill us and they won't. I know we won't do it in 4 games but I expect Tampa will get a win or two in our playoff matchup.

Reactions: tom leafers

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
What do you think a good bottom-6 looks like? Boston's isn't much better and our 2nd line curb stomps theirs. When we're healthy and Kapanen is on the 3rd line, our bottom-6 is probably better than theirs, their 4th line is trash.

Tampa's is great, but that's less about money and more about being able to find a Paquette and Gourde for free.

Malgin and Engvall are replacement level players and that's 2 3rds of our 3rd line

2 injuries, that's all it takes for our bottom 6 to become AHL quality

Tampa pays their stars significantly less money than we have at similar places in their careers, that's an out and out fact

You cheerleaders are starting to get annoying, Dubas ****** up and he got rolled by our RFA'S so we have no money for boring stuff like depth

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Malgin and Engvall are replacement level players and that's 2 3rds of our 3rd line

2 injuries, that's all it takes for our bottom 6 to become AHL quality

Tampa pays their stars significantly less money than we have at similar places in their careers, that's an out and out fact

You cheerleaders are starting to get annoying, Dubas ****** up and he got rolled by our RFA'S so we have no money for boring stuff like depth

Engvall has a bad month in his rookie year and all of a sudden he's replacement level, of course.

Engvall-Kerfoot-Kapanen is a good third line as far as playoff teams go and leaves us with an above average 4th line + 2 extras. How many NHL forwards deep do you want us to be, especially when we can call up Agostino or Korshkov in a pinch. Teams don't carry 16+ NHL caliber forwards in their organization.

Give Boston 2 forward injuries and all of a sudden they're running a Lindholm-Wagner 3rd line with some trash AHLers on the 4th.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
There's nothing down on the Marlies, it's basically Korshkov and replacement level rubbish up front

Malgin is still in the top 9 which shows just how thin we are because he adds nothing

Yep, the big boys got their money so it's time for them to carry us

We don't have money for depth so if the top 6 needs to play 25 minutes a line so be it

Thats what Carlyle did in 2014. it worked for most of the season until of course the 18 wheeler went off the cliff.

As much as id love to do that, i dont think the players could keep it up for an extended period of time and will more than likely get burnt out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad