Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Those other bands -- all great -- would never have seen the light of day internationally without the Beatles. Also, King Crimson, Yes and Jethro Tull (among others) belong on that list.

Now that we're officially a dirty team, we'll goon our way to a win tonight. Book it!
Ya Jethro Tull were huge too. Saw them in Germany years ago. That King Crimson show in Hyde park was very iconic

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Also surprised to not see any Hendrix in anyone list.

Edit: ah I see it was British bands. Though Mitch and some of the other members of Hendrix Experience were from the UK and the band started in the UK

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Such an unfunny sarcastic crybaby ... why not ask him about PLD cross checking Campbell in the back of his neck “looking for a rebound” in the crease? What about Ehlers taking a clean hit and coming back charging and leaving his feet trying to get revenge ... for a clean hit?

Seriously, the Jets used to be my 2nd favourite team because Winnipeg should have never lost their team to begin with and I felt sorry for them ... but they’re coming awfully close to Oiler fan crybaby territory the last couple years
He's not going to throw his guys under the bus. Maurice's job is to defend his team, not the Leafs.

Also surprised to not see any Hendrix in anyone list.

Edit: ah I see it was British bands. Though Mitch and some of the other members of Hendrix Experience were from the UK and the band started in the UK
The Jimi Hendrix experience can qualify as a British band. That's where they were formed and achieved their first success.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
All this talk of the best band and nobody says LOVERBOY?? I mean, how can any of those other bands be the best, they didn’t even wear spandex. LOVERBOY tore down the Berlin Wall and changed history forever. LOVERBOY backed up Tina Turner on her 1988 “Steel Wheels” tour. Best band ever. No question.

Reactions: keonsbitterness

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
All this talk of the best band and nobody says LOVERBOY?? I mean, how can any of those other bands be the best, they didn’t even wear spandex. LOVERBOY tore down the Berlin Wall and changed history forever. LOVERBOY backed up Tina Turner on her 1988 “Steel Wheels” tour. Best band ever. No question.
Loverboy is good but they aren’t the best band ever. Hell they aren’t even the best Canadian band ever.

However, they are/were very underrated in the music world.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
I feel this is the right time to post pics of Rick Astley and Kyle Bukauskas.
2e3fb67ec0ed0a98747d057efa3819d2.jpg

K8XYgydw_400x400.jpg

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Lol, the age old debate rages on. I love them all.

In my opinion the top 3 are (and it's very close):

Led Zeppelin
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones

My problem is always the same: I've listened to these bands so much over the last 40 years I forget how great the music is so my opinion turns on a dime. I've probably listened to Led Zeppelin the most and a lot of their content is dead to me now as a result. And then inevitably I remember one I didn't listen to too much:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad