Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Would be huge to win this one too.

Since there was a lot of Lilly talk in the last GDT and stuff and why they won't use him. Keefe gave a detailed answer on Lilly's development and his situation right now.

Is there something Timothy Liljegren has shown you in practice that you really like?

Keefe:

Liljegren, to me, just looks like he is older and more confident — no different than Sandin, who hasn’t played much hockey at all over the last year and a half, and yet he comes in and looks confident and stronger. Just because he is such a young guy, when 18 months pass by, you see a big difference. Liljegren is very much the same.
I think Liljegren had that jump last season in my time with the Marlies. If you look back to the playoff run we had there two seasons ago and then last season, throughout that period of time, Liljegren — who is older than Sandin — had his jump. You saw a noticeable difference in his game physically, and how much stronger he was on the ice. When a period of time like that passes for a young player, it can make a big difference.

We like a lot about Timothy and his development. His situation is not as clear given that we have some salary cap issues and things like that which, at different times, have made it hard to get him in and get him involved. That doesn’t necessarily say or mean we don’t believe in him as a player.
We will have to look at it and see if there an opportunity to get him involved down the stretch, but we are running out of games here. You have roster considerations
and you also have the fact that you are trying to make sure your group is ready to go when the playoffs begin. You have to manage all of these types of things.
Again, in practice today, Lily looks good and confident. You can tell he is maturing.

As I posted in his thread, the salary cap is making Lilly miss out from playing games which Keefe pretty much just admitted.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
"Jet" is an okayish song by Wings, the mediocrity of which is surpassed only by the NHL franchise in Winnipeg that shares a similar name.

Go Leafs Go!

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Like I freakin lezove our THUGG team right now sire! :clap: We got all of the talker, thousand yard starers and thugs WITH US! Simmonds, BIG JOEY! Spezza giggling hard, bogosian twerkin that pole like polak back in his presime, FOLIGNO, TAVARES!!! Hyman when he come back. THAT'S HARD RIGHT THURR LIKE CHINGY KNEW.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Piss off TSN. "are the leafs a dirty team" comes up after the first time there's a questionable play. Where's this when there's non-stop crosschecking, boarding, etc or the last few playoff series. I know they carry a load of Jets games but that's just pathetic.
Wayne Train sums it up nicely (0:45):

The Jets are just a soft team hanging on to their physical reputation from the Byfuglien era.

Last edited:

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Leafs clinch a playoff spot with a win no?

I thought I even heard someone say had the Habs beaten the Flames in regulation tonight, they would have clinched.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Must win to keep the WIN streak alive.
Just win as they are capable or doing and I love it when people starting call the Leafs a dirty team.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Leafs clinch a playoff spot with a win no?

I thought I even heard someone say had the Habs beaten the Flames in regulation tonight, they would have clinched.

Not yet.

2 points will put Toronto out of reach for Calgary. 9 points will put Toronto out of reach for Vancouver.

But let's be honest, it's a mathematical formality at this point. :laugh:

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi folks,

Just did the GDT for the Jets. Here’s The Score App Stats clips for any one interested. Hope it’s another playoff like intensity game, just no more injuries.

Cheers

AD6134D8-3E23-482A-BF97-C5D985DD2015.png
5DE8AD18-DB50-4AE8-A1E2-B8D8EC281B8D.png
BD9BC6E7-22BB-49C7-A4DD-309E60CCF931.png

3581A524-2908-49FD-9F37-A4DEF32827ED.png
05A2E8FF-6EEC-423B-B76C-A366E3519FDA.png
2F95304D-2396-4E73-B309-F0B8E476253D.png

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Piss off TSN. "are the leafs a dirty team" comes up after the first time there's a questionable play. Where's this when there's non-stop crosschecking, boarding, etc or the last few playoff series. I know they carry a load of Jets games but that's just pathetic.

My favourite quote is Blake Wheeler saying that Galchenyuk hit was late and high, especially since Lowry has 6 inches on him.

Lowry has 4 inches on him, was bending down, and it was not even remotely late. Lowry had possession of the puck when he was hit.

Definitely seems to be a double standard, but as Keefe said, don't get involved in the nonsense after the whistle. Just play hard on the puck and everyone on this team is capable of doing that, even if they aren't "physical" players or running people through the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad