Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Definitely seems to be a double standard, but as Keefe said, don't get involved in the nonsense after the whistle.

Generally I'd agree that this is a good message.

But I don't know too many that wouldn't trade the two minutes Simmonds took on PLD for the message it can send and what it could mean for the team.

As long as every scrum doesn't end up with the Leafs short handed, this element of the game can be very useful.

Reactions: TopCheese

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Would be huge to win this one too.

Since there was a lot of Lilly talk in the last GDT and stuff and why they won't use him. Keefe gave a detailed answer on Lilly's development and his situation right now.

Is there something Timothy Liljegren has shown you in practice that you really like?

Keefe:

Liljegren, to me, just looks like he is older and more confident — no different than Sandin, who hasn’t played much hockey at all over the last year and a half, and yet he comes in and looks confident and stronger. Just because he is such a young guy, when 18 months pass by, you see a big difference. Liljegren is very much the same.
I think Liljegren had that jump last season in my time with the Marlies. If you look back to the playoff run we had there two seasons ago and then last season, throughout that period of time, Liljegren — who is older than Sandin — had his jump. You saw a noticeable difference in his game physically, and how much stronger he was on the ice. When a period of time like that passes for a young player, it can make a big difference.

We like a lot about Timothy and his development. His situation is not as clear given that we have some salary cap issues and things like that which, at different times, have made it hard to get him in and get him involved. That doesn’t necessarily say or mean we don’t believe in him as a player.
We will have to look at it and see if there an opportunity to get him involved down the stretch, but we are running out of games here. You have roster considerations
and you also have the fact that you are trying to make sure your group is ready to go when the playoffs begin. You have to manage all of these types of things.
Again, in practice today, Lily looks good and confident. You can tell he is maturing.

As I posted in his thread, the salary cap is making Lilly miss out from playing games which Keefe pretty much just admitted.

They played Sandin with Bogo. now Bogo is out 4 weeks (or more); yapping about salary cap is bull crap. Keefe would rather play dermott on the right side instead of having Lily an RHD on the right side meanwhile Holl has been sucking ass

I call Bull on this. And the salary cap issues is on your boy Dubas

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Wayne Train sums it up nicely (0:45):

The Jets are just a soft team hanging on to their physical reputation from the Byfuglien era.

Yup pretty much. f***ing jets trying to lay out hits was okay but when we respond we are "dirty" ? Yea F the jets and F everyone.

It just broadens my chest today to see that Leafs are not gonna be anybody's bitches; we gonna dish out if you try to play "tough" instead of hockey

Last edited:
Reactions: Confucius

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Iron Maiden, Queen, The Who, Black Sabbath, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, The Clash, The Knks, Judas Priest, the Rolling Stones....... pretty good. :)

Not to be a nit but the Stones should be at the top of the list, not the bottom.

Reactions: BudForLife

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Cant argue that “I have never given up a bad goal” Helle is the best goalie on both teams. But I find it interesting that everyone points out how much of an advantage the jets have over the leafs in goal yet the leafs have only given up 4 more goals with one fewer game played.

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
Lol, the age old debate rages on. I love them all.

In my opinion the top 3 are (and it's very close):

Led Zeppelin
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Everyone's entitled to their favourite :)

But if you just look at sales, popularity, influence (and as a professional musician to this day me and most people I work with list the Beatles as a huge influence) it's hard to argue against it. And Beatlemania is a crazy phenomenon that all of us would love to attain but we know it will never happen lol

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Walking the dog is now a "roughing" penalty? :laugh:

Bowen and Ralph laughed it out after they discover Graham Skilliter was one of the refs officiating that night.

Haha that's awesome. I miss Bowen and Ralph. Straight out laughing at the ref.

I think the Leafs will show up tonight. Jets will too. It should be a good tilt.

I also watched Wheeler post game... I've seen him in enough post game pressers now the past few years... wow does the guy ever bitch.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Lol, the age old debate rages on. I love them all.

In my opinion the top 3 are (and it's very close):

Led Zeppelin
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones

That's my top 3 as well. I have to agree with this next post though, even if the Stones are my personal fave.

Everyone's entitled to their favourite :)

But if you just look at sales, popularity, influence (and as a professional musician to this day me and most people I work with list the Beatles as a huge influence) it's hard to argue against it. And Beatlemania is a crazy phenomenon that all of us would love to attain but we know it will never happen lol

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Not yet.

2 points will put Toronto out of reach for Calgary. 9 points will put Toronto out of reach for Vancouver.

But let's be honest, it's a mathematical formality at this point. :laugh:

I think clinching is a bit closer than this. Vancouver winning out entails them beating Edmonton 5 times, which means Edmonton would have difficulty catching up to us as well.

For example, if Edmonton lost all those 5 to Vancouver in regulation, then Edmonton is mathematically unable to catch the Leafs given where they are right now.

So it's only 5 possible OTL points that are holding Leafs back from a clinch.

So if Leafs get only 7 more points this season, then I believe there is no scenario in which we can miss, because it would force Vancouver to have to lose a game to Edmonton for Edmonton to be able to catch us.

Last edited:

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Maurice when asked by the media if the Leafs are a dirty team now :laugh:

Such an unfunny sarcastic crybaby ... why not ask him about PLD cross checking Campbell in the back of his neck “looking for a rebound” in the crease? What about Ehlers taking a clean hit and coming back charging and leaving his feet trying to get revenge ... for a clean hit?

Seriously, the Jets used to be my 2nd favourite team because Winnipeg should have never lost their team to begin with and I felt sorry for them ... but they’re coming awfully close to Oiler fan crybaby territory the last couple years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad