Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Jets (Game 3 this week) Already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Andersen was bailed out last game with the rest of the team playing really well. What happens if the team plays average?
I know Helle was a monster but you cant discount the danger of their top 6.
Keefe has to start pulling the plug on Andy because it just isnt good enough on this team anymore. I cant remember the last game he stole and has been below average for the second year running.
Jets are good enough to win in any given night because of their top 6 and Helle. I think the leafs are better but Andy is given way too much latitude.
He is now the leafs weak spot. The D has surpassed his contribution.

Reactions: weems

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
So eh uh, that's that time again. Of the week. It's the Jets vs the legendary Maple Leafs game 3. Already baby.

Toronto Maple Leafs' goaltender Jack Campbell remains day-to-day - TSN.ca Sounds like eh uh, Campbell definitely won't be able to play this weekend, but maybe next wezeek. I think Andersen will murda tomorrow vs the jets and then mr. Hutchison against the weak senators. They aaight now, but they still weak compared to our richest club. For life sire. I love life :heart:

A freaking knee to the head and not a sniff from the NHL punishment gatekeepers? If that was an elbow and as short as Ennis is it could have been, it would have been an instant suspension. A hnee no suspension, an elbow a suspension. It matters not what part of the body he used, the intent in my mind was clear. The NHL has to decide if they want to protect their assets or if they want to lazily apply discipline...

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Andersen was bailed out last game with the rest of the team playing really well. What happens if the team plays average?
I know Helle was a monster but you cant discount the danger of their top 6.
Keefe has to start pulling the plug on Andy because it just isnt good enough on this team anymore. I cant remember the last game he stole and has been below average for the second year running.
Jets are good enough to win in any given night because of their top 6 and Helle. I think the leafs are better but Andy is given way too much latitude.
He is now the leafs weak spot. The D has surpassed his contribution.

The team has made a lot of small but impactful mistakes that ended up in the net. Tips, two on one, one timers. We can blame Andy for those goals, but its not fair. Andy is a good #1, he is not a Veznia #1 and that is the standard some leaf fans expect from him.

Reactions: hn777

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Tonights scheduled refs.
Graham Skilliter #24
Kendrick Nicholson #30 <Well we get one of the dynamic duo back from last game.

Horrid , horrid reffing last game, I watched the Leafs bear hug the 'Peggers not once, not twice but three times, then they let that slash in OR go? It was equally bad last game.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
The team has made a lot of small but impactful mistakes that ended up in the net. Tips, two on one, one timers. We can blame Andy for those goals, but its not fair. Andy is a good #1, he is not a Veznia #1 and that is the standard some leaf fans expect from him.
Every team makes mistakes. Was a time when Andy was getting over 40 shots a night and everyone was singing his praises. His shot count has been reduced significantly now. The team is limiting HD shots significantly. He needs to be better or sit to get his shit together. All I'm saying is that deferring a pull when he is letting goals in because of some kind of superstar deference is dumb.

Reactions: weems

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Another game where we dominate
Another game where Anderson sucks
Another game where we get out goal tended

Where are you getting that he sucked? The Leafs were out goal tended for sure, but he was not the reason we lost the first game, or went to OT in the second game. :rolleyes:

Both Marner and Holl sucked in the first game, do they suck all of the time now?

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Where are you getting that he sucked? The Leafs were out goal tended for sure, but he was not the reason we lost the first game, or went to OT in the second game. :rolleyes:

Both Marner and Holl sucked in the first game, do they suck all of the time now?
-1.29 goals saved above expected.
.826 sv%
Marner with a 66.31 xgf%.
Did you imagine the game?

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
For the most part the Leafs are better than the Jets, but the Jets have a better goalie, it's a toss up who will win.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Is it me, or if you took Marner, removed 7/8 of his brain and threw a beard on him in 4 years.....

mitch-marner-2019-38.jpg
scott-sabourin-2021-38.jpg

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We'll have to dominate play against them once again and hope that Freddy plays well enough to give us a chance to win.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Sabourin went crazy down with the Marlies haha fail to see how we can't use that on our fourth line. Guy clearly wants to do whatever it takes to make an impact. He's hungry and a whole lot of nasty. Hope he gets a look

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

It's the new reality here.

Any goal scored on Andersen from here on in is now followed by "but we need some big saves". It has gone so far that the opposition can no longer score a "good goal" on Andersen with too many posters.

I guarantee you if Wheeler scored the exact same OT goal that Matthews scored last game, it would not have been deemed an incredible goal like it was.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
-1.29 goals saved above expected.
.826 sv%
Marner with a 66.31 xgf%.
Did you imagine the game?

I may be mixing up the Marner game, I was thinking about the 2 turnovers that lead to goals, (was that one of the canuck games?), but you can throw whatever stats you want about goals saved and save percentage, it doesn't tell what actually happened on the ice..

Facts are:

Game 1 vs Jets. Goal 1 by the Jets on the PP was a great tip-in low slot. That's going in on any goalie. Goal 2 Mathews tips it into his own net, bar down. Goal 3 is a very bad change by the Leafs with a odd man rush, brutal net coverage and a amazing pass in the lot slot. I'd love to see an amazing save by Freddy here, but that's not him. Goal 4 was stoppable, but horrid D coverage allowed the guy to sake in on a power move to the net. So out of that game.. 1 goal that you wish had been a save, but was not a bad goal.

Game 2 vs Jets. Goal 1 Dermott turns it over, and a mini 3 on 1 break with Ehlers putting it bar down in the corner. That would be an amazing save if it happened, but as we watched with Mathews, when he puts it there, we always here "no goalie is making that save". Goal 2 Bad pinch coverage which leads to a 2 on 1 with a great shot. Again would take an amazing save. Goal 3 with an extra man, and a great tip to go just above the bads.

I wish Freddy made some of those amazing saves, but he just doesn't steal many games. He's just not at that level. He by no means sucked.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018

Any goal scored on Andersen from here on in is now followed by "but we need some big saves". It has gone so far that the opposition can no longer score a "good goal" on Andersen with too many posters.

I guarantee you if Wheeler scored the exact same OT goal that Matthews scored last game, it would not have been deemed an incredible goal like it was.
1 low danger ga and 2 medium danger ga in around 30 shots.
0 high danger shot attempts.
Care to rethink this?

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes

Exactly the point I just made on my follow up. Hot takes and shitty attitudes

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
I may be mixing up the Marner game, I was thinking about the 2 turnovers that lead to goals, (was that one of the canuck games?), but you can throw whatever stats you want about goals saved and save percentage, it doesn't tell what actually happened on the ice..

Facts are:

Game 1 vs Jets. Goal 1 by the Jets on the PP was a great tip-in low slot. That's going in on any goalie. Goal 2 Mathews tips it into his own net, bar down. Goal 3 is a very bad change by the Leafs with a odd man rush, brutal net coverage and a amazing pass in the lot slot. I'd love to see an amazing save by Freddy here, but that's not him. Goal 4 was stoppable, but horrid D coverage allowed the guy to sake in on a power move to the net. So out of that game.. 1 goal that you wish had been a save, but was not a bad goal.

Game 2 vs Jets. Goal 1 Dermott turns it over, and a mini 3 on 1 break with Ehlers putting it bar down in the corner. That would be an amazing save if it happened, but as we watched with Mathews, when he puts it there, we always here "no goalie is making that save". Goal 2 Bad pinch coverage which leads to a 2 on 1 with a great shot. Again would take an amazing save. Goal 3 with an extra man, and a great tip to go just above the bads.

I wish Freddy made some of those amazing saves, but he just doesn't steal many games. He's just not at that level. He by no means sucked.
Posted it already but he had zero high danger shots against the whole game yet let 3 goals in.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Posted it already but he had zero high danger shots against the whole game yet let 3 goals in.

Just because someone says they are not "high danger" does not equal "bad goal" or should of made the save. I just re-watched all 7 goals against in the first 2 games. How half of those are not "high danger" on odd man rushes is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad