Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Jets (Game 3 this week) Already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
So eh uh, that's that time again. Of the week. It's the Jets vs the legendary Maple Leafs game 3. Already baby.

Toronto Maple Leafs' goaltender Jack Campbell remains day-to-day - TSN.ca Sounds like eh uh, Campbell definitely won't be able to play this weekend, but maybe next wezeek. I think Andersen will murda tomorrow vs the jets and then mr. Hutchison against the weak senators. They aaight now, but they still weak compared to our richest club. For life sire. I love life :heart:

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Jets skaters have been embarrassed through 2 games so far. I have to assume they will show up for at least 1 game and Saturday night is probably the the ideal time for them.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Another game where we dominate
Another game where Anderson sucks
Another game where we get out goal tended

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
We blatantly outplay them each game. I think we have Helle's number. I think Andersen steps up big time and Matthews and Marner will continue being better than every offensive player for the Jets.

Hoping we get some calls this game. Refs really need to get their act together.

Just win. I can't stand the uppity Jets/thrashers/wherever else they get moved too fans.

Reactions: DirkStraun

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Well, I robbed myself out of watching a pretty good game the other night after Fred let the first good chance in and they ended up winning. Maybe I shouldn't watch again.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Team needs to pretend this is a Game 7.

Been the better team in the “series” and yet the series is tied.

Are you going to go out there and take the series you deserve, or exit this series with a bitter taste in your mouths.

Reactions: crump

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Need a regulation win here to salvage the mini series. They’ve played really well and must be frustrated to be down.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Could Helle pull a Vezina performance and the Jets steal this one? Sure it's possible. Failing that the Leafs win though.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Hellebuyck got pulled after giving up 4 goals on 19 shots last Saturday in Montreal. Winnipeg went on to lose 7-1 in that game.

Hopefully the Leafs can channel some of that tonight!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Team needs to pretend this is a Game 7.

Been the better team in the “series” and yet the series is tied.

Are you going to go out there and take the series you deserve, or exit this series with a bitter taste in your mouths.

Game 7? I'm hoping for a win here.
** Jets are up 3 - 2 in this series currently. Points are all that matter in the regular season.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
For as good as Helly has been the Leafs have still scored 7 on him. Feeling good about tonight. Go buds

Edit: Confirmed Brossoit starts for the Jets

Leafs need to throw Helle off his game early like the Habs did last week (7-1 Habs).

Habs were lucky they didn't face 'Helle the Vezina' but more like Freddy 5-hole that night. They got a couple freebies and Jets let the game get away from them and couldn't recover from there:

1st goal - Puck bounce off zamboni door towards wide open net
2nd - Beauty snipe, top corner
3rd - Cross pass and shot through 5-hole
4th - Missed assignment, beauty pass, tip-in above glove side

-- Helle pulled, Brossoit in --

5th - 5 hole
6th - backhand top shelve
7th - Through traffic

Last edited:

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Tonights scheduled refs.
Graham Skilliter #24
Kendrick Nicholson #30 <Well we get one of the dynamic duo back from last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->