Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Jets (Game 3 this week) Already

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Posted it already but he had zero high danger shots against the whole game yet let 3 goals in.
The stat is obviously broken if they dont count 2 odd man breaks as HDSC.

If the jets 1st and 2nd goals are not High danger chances than no chance is a high danger one.

Andersen wasnt great, but he couldn't have done anything really about the 2nd goal and the the 3rd holl/muzzin forgot to play defense again

He will settle in and start playing better. Will end the year as ~.910 goalie

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I had a weird dream last night where I was somehow missing the Leafs game, even though I was at home.

That part is unexplainable.

So is the part where someone was in my house telling me Matthews was scoring all these goals and I was like " how many? 4?" and they seemed to be implying to me that it was more like 5 goals.

I was like "whoah why am I not watching this?!?!?!"

And if I could go back into that dream I'd try to figure that part out. But sometimes/often times dreams don't make a whole lot of sense.

Anyway, don't be surprised if Matthews scores 5 goals tonight is what I'm at here.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Just because someone says they are not "high danger" does not equal "bad goal" or should of made the save. I just re-watched all 7 goals against in the first 2 games. How half of those are not "high danger" on odd man rushes is beyond me.
Assuming you are right, what about the other half.
You understand that a 3.5gaa is not considered good right? 7 goals on 50 shots!

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
The stat is obviously broken if they dont count 2 odd man breaks as HDSC.

If the jets 1st and 2nd goals are not High danger chances than no chance is a high danger one.

Andersen wasnt great, but he couldn't have done anything really about the 2nd goal and the the 3rd holl/muzzin forgot to play defense again

He will settle in and start playing better. Will end the year as ~.910 goalie
Good goalies will stop a % of tough shots. Look at soups last game.
Andy's GSAA stats are in the negative this year. That indicates he has a few outlier games making his poor average actually look better than it is.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
1 low danger ga and 2 medium danger ga in around 30 shots.
0 high danger shot attempts.
Care to rethink this?
Nope....the Jets scored on two well placed shot on 2-1's and a screened deflection.

If the 34 & 88 scored the exact same goals as Ehlers scored they would be considered "wicked snipes" and you know that is a fact.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I'm scared of Helly. Keys to the game limit turnovers. We do everything well, but 1 small mistake and it ends up in the back of our net every time. They got all their chances so far off of our f*** ups, they haven't been able to generate anything themselves really. Limit the turnovers and play how we have been playing.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Nope....the Jets scored on two well placed shot on 2-1's and a screened deflection.

If the 34 & 88 scored the exact same goals as Ehlers scored they would be considered "wicked snipes" and you know that is a fact.
Not at all. You think I I'm arguing that andy is crap. What I'm saying is that he isnt good enough. Of the frequency of shots Andy has faced this year, it is dubious that he had the toughest in the league. I would argue that faced against the leafs forward line, goalies in the north have faced far harder and faired a lot better.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
High Slap shots all night on Helly from the slot would be nice to see. Everything high and dangerously close to his head ha. Anyways want to hand them their first back to back losses of the season tonight.

Last edited:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Don't think helle can work his magic a 3rd time.

Keefe sticking with the lines he finished with last game. Here's the lineups with GSVA:

Screenshot_20210313-115107_Sheets.jpg

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
We have had 39 shots,38 shots and 38 shots against these guys in the three games so far. 38.33 shots per game average. It’s high time the Leafs make these guys pay for the weak defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad