Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Golden Knights - Oct 24, 10pm ET TSN

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Couple of things

Phil will be setting an iron man record tonight, and may possibly score his 400th reg season goal

Samsonov who has started his Leafs career at 4-0-0 has tied the record held by rookie Frank McCool during the 44/45 season. McCool also won the SC with the Leafs that year while setting the record for most playoff shutouts recorded by a Leafs goaltender in one playoff year.

44/45 I'm pretty sure is also the year that the Leafs were down 3-0 in the final to the Detroit Red Wings and came back to win. A first for any team in hockey.
1666657136448.jpeg

“Ulcers “ McCool

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
I love getting 4 hours of sleep after watching a terrible hockey game!
What pisses me off is all of the leafs Saturday night games while on the west coast are played at 7 EST. It's the one night I can comfortably stay up late to enjoy a leafs game and they force the east coast time down westerns throats.

I loved watching the early Habs or Sens game on a Saturday night and having a late leafs game.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Couple of things

Phil will be setting an iron man record tonight, and may possibly score his 400th reg season goal

Samsonov who has started his Leafs career at 4-0-0 has tied the record held by rookie Frank McCool during the 44/45 season. McCool also won the SC with the Leafs that year while setting the record for most playoff shutouts recorded by a Leafs goaltender in one playoff year.

44/45 I'm pretty sure is also the year that the Leafs were down 3-0 in the final to the Detroit Red Wings and came back to win. A first for any team in hockey.
Phil will tie it tonight

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
With the absolute overkill of an intro vegas does...Yeah it'll be a late start.
They do their show well in advance of puck drop. Lots of stuff outside for tailgating, too.
One of the best game day experiences you’ll find.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
What pisses me off is all of the leafs Saturday night games while on the west coast are played at 7 EST. It's the one night I can comfortably stay up late to enjoy a leafs game and they force the east coast time down westerns throats.

I loved watching the early Habs or Sens game on a Saturday night and having a late leafs game.
Yeah, would be sort of cool watching the Leafs in a late HNIC game.

The early west coast starts will never happen on weekday games, though.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Without Samsonov, that game would have been over first 10 minutes

You can always tell with this team how they are going to play rest of the game. They are going to be on our toes

Keefe appeals to his team for better effort. Cassidy expects his team to give effort

Fine line in mindset and culture of this team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad