Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Golden Knights - Oct 24, 10pm ET TSN

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
They have been f***ing useless.

I thought these guys were supposed to have some sandpaper in their games?

Not sure if I like playing Clifford again either but I guess you can’t sit him after the game he had. He takes at least one bad penalty every time he gets in the lineup. Simmonds is definitely better.

Pierre Engvall, Zach Aston Reese and Nicolas Aube-Kubel all have 0-0-0 points on the season, and a combined -7 +/- on the season. Not only are they contributing nothing offensively, and barely even generating shots on net, they're getting scored on and thus liabilities in the line-up. All are scraping to sit in the pressbox with Denis Malgin.

At least Clifford and Simmonds are scrapping to get into the line-up. :wg:

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
These late games suck. I have to be up at 6am for work so I’ll have to watch the game in 5…

Reactions: NinjaKick

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
To the noobs this is called getting player off his game by forcing him to think about opposition player instead of the game ;)

Crazy how inconsistent refs are with "after the whistle shenanigans" calls. Like virtually always after the whistle you can cross check guys, wrestle them to the ground, face wash them, no call, but bumping a guy is a penalty? I fail to see how that's worse.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I moved from west coast to east coast in July...

I'm used to such games starting at 7 pm. Not ELEVEN pm.

Jeez.

Reactions: Petrus

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Matthews and Eichel tend to bring out the best in each other so i'm expecting Matthews to up his goal total tonight.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
These late games suck. I have to be up at 6am for work so I’ll have to watch the game in 5…
It's too late for me, too.

Well, maybe the first period is okay.

Then, if they're leading, trailing or tied, I'll want to see part of the second period, too, and then until the end of play.

Ah, who needs a good night's sleep anyway?

Reactions: Jojalu

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Pierre Engvall, Zach Aston Reese and Nicolas Aube-Kubel all have 0-0-0 points on the season, and a combined -7 +/- on the season. Not only are they contributing nothing offensively, and barely even generating shots on net, they're getting scored on and thus liabilities in the line-up. All are scraping to sit in the pressbox with Denis Malgin.

What a brutal stat line but not surprising. I never noticed them do anything remotely positive when they were in the lineup.

Also, it’s games like these that make me thankful my job can be fully remote if I want 😁. Still will be beat though by the end of the 1st no doubt.

Reactions: Duffman955

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Crazy how inconsistent refs are with "after the whistle shenanigans" calls. Like virtually always after the whistle you can cross check guys, wrestle them to the ground, face wash them, no call, but bumping a guy is a penalty? I fail to see how that's worse.

Marchand does this exact same thing and worse probably 3-4 times a game. I couldn’t believe that was called. League should have a word with these idiot refs. We all know they would never call that in the playoffs. Why can’t there be any consistency?

Maybe Simmonds said something too? Only explanation I have.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
record and watch it in the morn
That's what I'll be doing.

If anyone has a reliable streaming site they could pm me I'd appreciate it. My daughter away at school is hoping to watch.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Agreed. I think it's only a matter of time. Steeves is torching the AHL right now and he's one of the select few that can actually bolster a checking line (McMann/Holmberg being the others).

Steeves - Kampf - xxxxx (Simmonds/NAK/etc.)
Agreed about Steeves. Tbh, he should have made the team out of camp. ZAK and ZAR were gifted their 4th line spots, they were not earned by their play in preseason. Heck, I thought Simmonds had a better preseason than those two.

Speaking of Steeves, he is playing extremely well by all accounts...4G 2A 6P in 4GP. He'd look great in that threesome you have there with upside offensive skill to move to the third line when necessary.

Reactions: Finger Licking Good

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Agreed about Steeves. Tbh, he should have made the team out of camp. ZAK and ZAR were gifted their 4th line spots, they were not earned by their play in preseason. Heck, I thought Simmonds had a better preseason than those two.

Speaking of Steeves, he is playing extremely well by all accounts...4G 2A 6P in 4 games. He'd look great in that threesome you have there with upside offensive skill to move to the third line.

Steeves was one of the most disappointing players in camp.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022

Gotta move it yeah. Also like the talkative side simmonds brings. Makes our other players taller and higher too.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
I’ve got a 20-1 parlay on Matthews opening the scoring, winning and under 6.5 goals.
Conratulations of the guaranteed win already. 6 goals is also happening. Its going to be 3-3 or 4-2 to somebody. Depending on how the powerplays put it home tonight. I'm everytime and game now expecting tavares scoring in every game. His health and body and mind and soul are so fine at the moment as we speak in preesens life.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Steeves was one of the most disappointing players in camp.
I don't know what your expectations were but he was no worse than NAK and ZAR or any other players that were auditioning for the 4th line role. He scored 2G 1A in 5 games with a plus 3. He showed his speed and wasn't a liability defensively. Perfect for a 4th liner. Anderson was a disappointment (0G 0A 3GP -3) and invisible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad