Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Golden Knights - Oct 24, 10pm ET TSN

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Tough game. Golden Seals are tight. Predict a low scoring game. I like the Simmonds in for this game, I hope Clifford doesn’t take a dumb penalty though.

Why not Engvall to the 4th with Kampf and and Simmonds, try Malgin on the third, (only Kerfoot is scoring on that unit.)

Kessel ties the iron man record the minute he steps on the ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: banks and Slyfox

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Simmonds and Clifford were mostly fine yesterday so I don't hate it. They need to not take moronic penalties though. Seems to happen once a game for both of them. I'm confused why we've gone on a road trip with a 15/6/2 roster config though. Usually when you have room you want a spare D there if someone gets hurt in warmups

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I like going back to Simmonds/Clifford. They earned it (more so Simmonds over Clifford). I would still keep it as a rotation between the 4 of them after this game (for as long as the cap allows it or until someone grabs a spot).

I think what we've seen in years past is that Simmonds starts the season off looking effective and really falls of as the season wears on. Keep Simmonds fresh. He should play 50% of the games. I'd love to see a rested Simmonds in the playoffs.

Reactions: Obo

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Simmonds and Clifford were mostly fine yesterday so I don't hate it. They need to not take moronic penalties though. Seems to happen once a game for both of them. I'm confused why we've gone on a road trip with a 15/6/2 roster config though. Usually when you have room you want a spare D there if someone gets hurt in warmups

Clearly Marner is their extra defenseman ;)

I don't get it either, but the Marlies also needed defensemen and I guess they'd rather risk the injury and fly someone out than have Kral sit in the press box.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Hyphens both sitting. They earned it.

They have been f***ing useless.

I thought these guys were supposed to have some sandpaper in their games?

Not sure if I like playing Clifford again either but I guess you can’t sit him after the game he had. He takes at least one bad penalty every time he gets in the lineup. Simmonds is definitely better.

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Not convinced they need both Clifford and Simmonds against the mighty Eichels.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I'm confused why we've gone on a road trip with a 15/6/2 roster config though. Usually when you have room you want a spare D there if someone gets hurt in warmups
Was wondering the same thing. Seem like another risky gamble.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Hopefully Leafs continue going on a really good run here. Quite a bit of travel and back to back next weekend but its early season so they should have plenty of energy. I'd be really happy if they got at least 3 out of 4 Ws this week.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad