Not open for further replies.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
ok this is better:

Jonas Siegel @jonassiegel
26s
Mike Babcock says he told William Nylander to be ready to play centre in the event that Bozak can't play vs. Calgary. Added: "Over time we'll just keep working in practice, Willy down low and stuff like that so when it's time he can just jump in and play centre."

I'd rather he kept saying nothing actually or being coy on the subject. This just over complicates something that isn't a complicated thing. I hope they're keeping him away from center so he doesn't have Draisaitl as a comparable for a contract.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
There seems to be a perception that Bozak is preventing Nylander from playing centre

no not at all, he is preventing better players from playing. Leivo, sosh and kapanen are better than him at everything with the exception of faceoffs, which are important and that is what will keep him in the league by the skin of his teeth

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
no not at all, he is preventing better players from playing. Leivo, sosh and kapanen are better than him at everything with the exception of faceoffs, which are important and that is what will keep him in the league by the skin of his teeth

now that FO rules are enforced; cheating is not allowed as much

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
There seems to be a perception that Bozak is preventing Nylander from playing centre

Which is bizarre as when Bozak missed a game or Moore doesn't play Marleau has played center. Babcock has said he doesn't see Nylander at center this year, not sure why people keep acting surprised he almost never plays the position.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
ok this is better:

Jonas Siegel @jonassiegel
26s
Mike Babcock says he told William Nylander to be ready to play centre in the event that Bozak can't play vs. Calgary. Added: "Over time we'll just keep working in practice, Willy down low and stuff like that so when it's time he can just jump in and play centre."

LOL

Kids are so impatient as time is relevant to experience. If you're 20 a year is 1/20 of your life, if you're 60 it is 1/60th.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I say play all the best buds together

Matthews-Marner
Nylander-Kappy
Kadri-Komarov? (force Brown to be best buds with Naz :laugh:)

I mean... we have the depth for it. Toss a Leivo or JVR on that Kappy line and your top 6 becomes super dangerous, but low and behold, you still have Kadri and Brown to fill out the bottom 6!

Also forgot to mention whoever of Leivo or JVR that is not on that Nylander line can fill in the depth on the bottom 6.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
LOL

Kids are so impatient as time is relevant to experience. If you're 20 a year is 1/20 of your life, if you're 60 it is 1/60th.

> what is this in relation too? there is no impatience form nylander in that tweet or anywhere ive seen.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I mean... we have the depth for it. Toss a Leivo or JVR on that Kappy line and your top 6 becomes super dangerous, but low and behold, you still have Kadri and Brown to fill out the bottom 6!

Also forgot to mention whoever of Leivo or JVR that is not on that Nylander line can fill in the depth on the bottom 6.

I hear Bozak hasn't had his lunch yet ;)

:laugh:

Reactions: Apotheosis

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

in a related news some comments for JVR...

Yo Reemer,

when you get on the ice; you have to remember to play near the opposition's goal; its a goal without Freddie in front of it

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios

Neither Soshnikov nor Leivo are as good as Bozak offensively

I have a hard time seeing Leivo or Soshnikov ever matching Bozak's offensive output from last season

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Neither Soshnikov nor Leivo are as good as Bozak offensively

I have a hard time seeing Leivo or Soshnikov ever matching Bozak's offensive output from last season

I am sure Leivo can score 50+ points playing with talented offensive players for 82 games too. Bozak is nothing special. He scored 50 points for the first time at age 31. He will never score 50 points again. He is now on a 30 point pace with poor defensive play.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
I am sure Leivo can score 50+ points playing with talented offensive players for 82 games too. Bozak is nothing special. He scored 50 points for the first time at age 31. He will never score 50 points again. He is now on a 30 point pace with poor defensive play.

Easier said than done. I get it though. Fans always love mystery box players. Wait a few years, if Leivo is still here, he'll be another whipping boy.

This is by far Bozak's worst offensive season. Before this season, he's consistently been on a 50 point pace. 13-14 Bozak had 49 points in 58 games. Leivo will never be at that offensive pace.

Reactions: Raymoondo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad