Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Flames - Monday 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
I'm a bit worried that we're going to get a very hungry team. Calgary is on the rails and really need to get back on track. At the same time, that didn't help them much on Saturday... maybe we just continue rolling and stop them.
I don’t get nervous anymore with this team and our game breaking offensive young guns and our better defence and our solid netminding ..
I go into games now as a fan , looking to win all the time no matter what the circumstances are ..
The other teams should worry about us as we can beat them in different ways now more than ever ..
Having said that , if we don’t match the other teams hard work and attention to detail and hunger for each play , then it’s a toss up , but if we do , we should win 90% of our games

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
If muzzin is going to miss any kind of notable amount of time, we may need to look for another defenseman on the market. Maybe someone out of Nashville

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I don’t get nervous anymore with this team and our game breaking offensive young guns and our better defence and our solid netminding ..
I go into games now as a fan , looking to win all the time no matter what the circumstances are ..
The other teams should worry about us as we can beat them in different ways now more than ever ..
Having said that , if we don’t match the other teams hard work and attention to detail and hunger for each play , then it’s a toss up , but if we do , we should win 90% of our games
I agree. We won't win every game, but we should win more. We will hit a rough patch now and again, hopefully they will make even more resilient.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Dammit I didn't expect Muzzin's injury to be that serious.

Given the Leafs have a little cushion in first and it's a condensed schedule, definitely a good idea to rest guys like Thornton and Hyman if they're a little banged up.

Looks like the depth of the D will be test as Dermott should get a chance at a top 4 role with Lehtonen getting game action. If Lehtonen struggled, Sandin will get his shot.

Lots of injuries this season though early on but I'm not too worried since I'm pretty comfortable with the depth of the roster.
Sandin is also out a while with an injury.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
If muzzin is going to miss any kind of notable amount of time, we may need to look for another defenseman on the market. Maybe someone out of Nashville
Our TOUGHNESS and MENTAL HEALTH and PHYSICALITY will treally be tested tonight against the goony flames sire. Period. They are angry like birds now. After the oil beating. Think how much hard players they got tonight against our bogosian..... he has to ALONE fight that BIG FIGHT. Our tavares and spezza and matthews will do a lil something something back, but they can't rumble against lucic or tkachuk that much. They got other goons as well. This is the big test tonight. We might score some, but they might pummel some of our playaz and playettez. Hard.

This is a huge test on our rear ends. We are missing some key fellows against these type of teams. Hyman, Simmonds, Big Joey, Muzzin etc are really needed against these. I would have liked much to see a player like some rat marlie being called up for a fight instead of barabanov for example. I knows ice hockey and what could happen and what not.

Reactions: stuart5035

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Calgary should be worried. They are in a spiralling downfall. Hope Dermott plays the 3 year old tough. Dermott is no shrinking violet. Wouldn’t surprise me if he takes him on.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Losing Muzzin is a massive blow to our D. Everybody needs to step up, forwards included. We should still win this game without him but man, he was our most physical D man, we saw what happened vs CBJ after he went down. Who takes his spot tonight ?

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Rielly Brodie
Dermott Holl
Lehtonen Bogosian
We should see now what Dermy is all about physically and mentally if he plays in the second spot top 4
Well if is to be that guy , here’s a great opportunity to show it .. he’s no longer a rookie or younger player , this opportunity is what separates the true pros from the AHLer mindset

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
With Sandin also hurt Liljegren is the next guy up if we lose another D. Injuries starting to pile up now. We need the Marlies in town for more options.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Actually quite surprised that Galchenyuk hasn't gotten the opportunity to come into the line-up.

They're giving Petan and Barabanov the opportunity, when they already know what they have.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I really want to see Liljegren called up.
Injuries happen none of these are serious except for potentially Muzzin. And good teams find a way to win. So let's go buds.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

We have racked up a lot of points and have decent depth on the blueline. No need to give up assets for another defenceman at this point.

If we fall into a prolonged slump and Muzzin is out long term, it would make more sense at that point.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
We have racked up a lot of points and have decent depth on the blueline. No need to give up assets for another defenceman at this point.

If we fall into a prolonged slump and Muzzin is out long term, it would make more sense at that point.

In fairness, my original comment said if he misses notable time. I don't think you wait to have a prolonged slump however, we disagree there.

If Muzzin is going to be out for a while he should be going on LTIR, which means we should have flexibility. Use that to upgrade the D. it helps us bridge the period while he's out, and then when Muzzin is back we're even stronger for it. It's not even like we have Sandin available to us at this point either, since he's out too. We've suddenly become very thin on D.

I'm not saying panic, but I'd be looking to add someone to the backend if it's as long as might be believed.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Muzzin is a big loss, but not as big as it would have been in past seasons. Brodie and Holl have been great.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
anybody got any idea of what the lines are gonna be looking like tonight with all the bodies missing?

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Galchynuk should be in the lineup today not sure why he is not. He is the perfect candidate to slide onto Matthews line for the void left by Thornton being out.

Not sure what Keefe is thinking. Oh well lets trust the process I guess.

Interested to see how Dermott and Lethonen pan out today. More minutes transpires into what? We will see.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
anybody got any idea of what the lines are gonna be looking like tonight with all the bodies missing?

Only a guess:

Vesey-Matthews-Marner
Kerfoot-Tavares-Nylander
Barbaronov-Engvall-Micheyev
Petan-Boyd-Spezza

But my preferred:

Micheyev-Matthews-Marner
Kerfoot-Tavares-Nylander
Engvall-Spezza-Vesey
Petan-Boyd-Barbaronov

Status
Not open for further replies.