Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Flames - Monday 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
With with Thornton and Hyman out, what lines are we looking at?

Soup-Matthews-Marner
Kerfoot-Tavares-Nylander
Vesey-Engvall-Boyd
Barabanov-Spezza-Petan

?

More or less what I expect as well. Those bottom 2 lines look really bad on paper...

I think it would have been a good time to insert Galchenyuk but doesn't sound like he'll be playing.

Becoming more and more clear the Leafs really need a good LW/C addition sooner rather than later.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
With a few key vets in the lineup playing prominent roles combined with a condensed schedule, we can expect these injury problems to be a recurring theme throughout the season.

Losing Muzzin is going to hurt. Hopefully it will be weeks as opposed to months.

Reactions: supermann_98

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Indeed , I love Muzz but moving forward , with the way the NHL is going in terms of mobility and speed and skating and quick feet , and the way our system is with the D becoming a hybrid position , I think the 4 younger guys will excel and our team will benefit from this ..
Having said that in the playoffs is where Muzz and his abilities will offer us what we need most

Leafs really missed him when he went down during the Columbus series.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
With the way Calgary is playing, and how Edmonton is on a streak posing the biggest divisional threat right now, it makes sense to rest up guys like Hyman and Thornton and hope they're good to go by the weekend for the three game set against the Oilers.

Reactions: uncleben

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
With with Thornton and Hyman out, what lines are we looking at?

Soup-Matthews-Marner
Kerfoot-Tavares-Nylander
Vesey-Engvall-Boyd
Barabanov-Spezza-Petan

?

I like that, I'd consider swapping Soup for someone in the bottom 6 so he can run the 3rd line. Boyd has been playing pretty well so maybe they can switch?

edit: now that I think about it, maybe Soup on the first line can help to get him going...

Reactions: BertCorbeau

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I like that, I'd consider swapping Soup for someone in the bottom 6 so he can run the 3rd line. Boyd has been playing pretty well so maybe they can switch?

edit: now that I think about it, maybe Soup on the first line can help to get him going...

Soup on the third line wouldn't be a bad idea either. Boyd or Petan could be a fill-in on Matthews/Marner's line as both have shown some tenacity on the forecheck and have some skill to keep up with them. Or, knowing Keefe, use both during the game:

Or you could go back with Kerfoot centring the third line:

Engvall-Matthews-Marner
Soup-Tavares-Nylander
Vesey-Kerfoot-Boyd
Barabanov-Spezza-Petan

Whoever plays with Matthews/Marner just need to be able to forecheck hard, and win battles to get them the puck and free up some space.

Reactions: SprDaVE

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Marlies are in Stockton, or else I am sure they would. Perhaps Anderson too.

Would rather see those two than Barabanov and Vesey :laugh: I am guessing Vesey/Petan - Boyd - Spezza might run as line 3, while Barabanov - Engvall - Petan/Vesey may run as line 4.

Perhaps this morning is just maintenance for Jumbo, and he'll be in. Allowing Mikheyev to be in and Barabanov out at least
They are in Alberta. Stockton is in Alberta for the year.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Watch how quickly Holls game deteriorates without Muzzin by his side.
He's already been losing a bit of it. Same story as last year, he came out looking like a fantastic defensive D but regressed as the season went on. Hopefully he can buck that trend this year.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Lol our top 3 LWs are all out tonight (Thornton, Simmonds and Hyman).

I guess I’d do:

Mikeyhev - Matthews - Marner
Kerfoot - Tavares - Nylander
Vesey - Engvall - Petan
Barabanov - Spezza - Boyd

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Potential lineups with GSVA:

Screenshot_20210222-115924_Sheets.jpg

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
In some ways, Muzzin's injury may be a blessing in disguise. Leafs need to know what they have in Lehtonen. Hard to figure out how to play in the NHL watching from the press box. Need to give him five games with regular shifts. I think he can play. Longer term, Lilejegren is going to force his way on to this roster. I think he has pushed himself past Sandin on the depth chart. Kid can flat out play. He may have to wait until next year, but he is ready. I just hope they don't trade him for a top six short term fix.

Reactions: grapes55

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Id put in galchenyuk to see how he can do.

Galchenyuk Matthews Marner
Kerfoot Tavares Nylander
Mikheyev Engvall Petan
Barabanov Spezza Boyd

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
I'm a bit worried that we're going to get a very hungry team. Calgary is on the rails and really need to get back on track. At the same time, that didn't help them much on Saturday... maybe we just continue rolling and stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->