Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Flames - Monday 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
re: Muzzin - What exactly happened on the Toffoli goal? I didn't see it during the play, and missed on replays of what happened. Toffoli seemed concerned - was it a stick/puck?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Keeping Nylander and Tavares despite evidence clearly showing the magic is nonexistant is on Keefe and no one else. Its a Babcock esk type move.

Other than moving Nylander to the 3rd line, he doesn't have any options. Breaking up the top line would be insane at this point.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Sooooo.

Mikheyev? - Matthews - Marner
Kerfoot - Tavares - Nylander
Petan? - Engvall - Vesey?
Barabanov? - Boyd - Spezza

Rielly - Brodie
Dermott - Holl
Lehtonen - Bogosian

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Recall Robertson you cowards!!!! :sarcasm:

Marlies are in Stockton, or else I am sure they would. Perhaps Anderson too.

Would rather see those two than Barabanov and Vesey :laugh: I am guessing Vesey/Petan - Boyd - Spezza might run as line 3, while Barabanov - Engvall - Petan/Vesey may run as line 4.

Perhaps this morning is just maintenance for Jumbo, and he'll be in. Allowing Mikheyev to be in and Barabanov out at least

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Marlies are in Stockton, or else I am sure they would. Perhaps Anderson too.

Would rather see those two than Barabanov and Vesey :laugh: I am guessing Vesey/Petan - Boyd - Spezza might run as line 3, while Barabanov - Engvall - Petan/Vesey may run as line 4.

Perhaps this morning is just maintenance for Jumbo, and he'll be in. Allowing Mikheyev to be in and Barabanov out at least

I think it would be a good time to play Galchenyuk, but sounds like he's in a spare grey jersey.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013

Sooooo.

Mikheyev? - Matthews - Marner
Kerfoot - Tavares - Nylander
Petan? - Engvall - Vesey?
Barabanov? - Boyd - Spezza

Rielly - Brodie
Dermott - Holl
Lehtonen - Bogosian

Did you forget Thornton?

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Other than moving Nylander to the 3rd line, he doesn't have any options. Breaking up the top line would be insane at this point.
Then thats what has to be done. Create two 2nd/3rd lines. Its exactly what the Pens did with Kessel (a Nylander clone).

Thornton Matthews Marner
Hyman Tavares Kerfoot
Mik Spezza Nylander
Petan Engvall Boyd

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
re: Muzzin - What exactly happened on the Toffoli goal? I didn't see it during the play, and missed on replays of what happened. Toffoli seemed concerned - was it a stick/puck?

Shot follow through on the prior shot. Muzzin went to a knee to block and caught the blade in the face.

Radio silence on the nature of the injury or if is connected to his current absense.

Reactions: Cams

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Watch how quickly Holls game deteriorates without Muzzin by his side.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Dammit I didn't expect Muzzin's injury to be that serious.

Given the Leafs have a little cushion in first and it's a condensed schedule, definitely a good idea to rest guys like Thornton and Hyman if they're a little banged up.

Looks like the depth of the D will be test as Dermott should get a chance at a top 4 role with Lehtonen getting game action. If Lehtonen struggled, Sandin will get his shot.

Lots of injuries this season though early on but I'm not too worried since I'm pretty comfortable with the depth of the roster.

Machinae

Jul 6, 2007
Mississauga, ON

Given the Leafs have a little cushion in first and it's a condensed schedule, definitely a good idea to rest guys like Thornton and Hyman if they're a little banged up.

Looks like the depth of the D will be test as Dermott should get a chance at a top 4 role with Lehtonen getting game action. If Lehtonen struggled, Sandin will get his shot.

Lots of injuries this season though early on but I'm not too worried since I'm pretty comfortable with the depth of the roster.
Injuries are never ideal, but the silver lining is that you get a look at Lehtonen and get to see what Dermott can do in Muzzin's role.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC

It is to bad , but I actually think with Leta , Sandin Dermott and Lilly , we have the depth to rotate all of them and gain in areas where Muzzin is lacking ( speed , skating ability and motion ) I’m confident in terms of our organizational depth and quality

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
It is to bad , but I actually think with Leta , Sandin Dermott and Lilly , we have the depth to rotate all of them and gain in areas where Muzzin is lacking ( speed , skating ability and motion ) I’m confident in terms of our organizational depth and quality

Exactly. Really this is Dermott's chance to show he can be a top 4 d-man on a good team. He was good in Muzzin and Rielly absence last year, so he'll need to continue that play.

Good thing he and Holl were the Marlies top pairing years back and they were a great third pairing before Holl was promoted to the top 4 last year. Should be a nice transition.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
With with Thornton and Hyman out, what lines are we looking at?

Soup-Matthews-Marner
Kerfoot-Tavares-Nylander
Vesey-Engvall-Boyd
Barabanov-Spezza-Petan

?

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
With Jumbo out I would go with

Tavares-Matthews-Marner
Nylander-Kerfoot-Mikheyev
Vesey-Engvall-Barabanov
Petan-Boyd-Spezza

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Exactly. Really this is Dermott's chance to show he can be a top 4 d-man on a good team. He was good in Muzzin and Rielly absence last year, so he'll need to continue that play.

Good thing he and Holl were the Marlies top pairing years back and they were a great third pairing before Holl was promoted to the top 4 last year. Should be a nice transition.
Indeed , I love Muzz but moving forward , with the way the NHL is going in terms of mobility and speed and skating and quick feet , and the way our system is with the D becoming a hybrid position , I think the 4 younger guys will excel and our team will benefit from this ..
Having said that in the playoffs is where Muzz and his abilities will offer us what we need most

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad