Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Flames - Monday 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I just checked the standings....wouldn’t be all bad if Calgary won both in OT and surpassed Montreal for the last playoff spot.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
If Calgary doesn't come out guns blazing, their season may as well be over. You got embarrassed 7-1 against your biggest rival, if there is no push, pull the plug on that team.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
The Leafs cant get sucked into playing Calgary's game. After their 7-1 throttling on Saturday you have to expect the Flames to come out flying and hitting anything that moves.

The Leafs cannot get caught retaliating on those hits and putting the Flames on the powerplay. Let Calgary take stupid penalties and exploit them on the powerplay. Tkachuk, Lucic, and/or Bennett are going to try to start some rough stuff and if the Leafs dont get sucked in, they will get at least 1 or 2 powerplays by simply not acknowledging those guys.

Hopefully Freddie is focused at the start as Calgary throughs everything on net, the defensemen are cognizant of the physical forecheck coming there way, and the forwards realize that after Giordano and Tanev the Flames have a very young and inexperienced defense that they can expose.

Steve776

Feb 8, 2021
You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're going up against. By God, I do. We're not just going to outscore the bastards. We're going to rip out their living guts and use them to grease the axles of our Zambonis. We're going to murder those lousy Cowtown bastards by the bushel.
That's all.

MS13

Oct 26, 2013
Hamilton
I expect Calgary to come out hard after they got spanked by Edmonton. I see it being a very tight game for us.

Bellefour20

Jan 25, 2021
Sunshine Coast, British Columbia
Flames are going to come out hornier than a teenager on Frosh Week.

But if we get on them early, they might pack it in.

I expect Calgary to come out hard after they got spanked by Edmonton. I see it being a very tight game for us.
tenor.gif

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're going up against. By God, I do. We're not just going to outscore the bastards. We're going to rip out their living guts and use them to grease the axles of our Zambonis. We're going to murder those lousy Cowtown bastards by the bushel.
That's all.
Hey Donald , we don’t need or want you as a leaf fan , go back to Qanon ...we don’t like or want anybody who incites violence on our opponents..

Reactions: Captain14

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
We are a better team.

Ignore Tkachuk’s antics. That’s what rattles him. Don’t engage, score goals, he’ll throw another tantrum and do another team meeting about it.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I hate all the Canadian teams with a passion with the exception of Calgary for some odd reason. Strange. Anyway I am hoping that Mathews can keep his streak going and Tkachuk finds his soother.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Too funny, I'm still ticking my Habs fans buddies off. We play 2 against Calgary I ask who are they cheering for? LOL!! It is true if you get into that 4 or 5 spot it can be hard to gain ground on a playoff spot.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I was going to suggest the Leafs should rest/sit Muzzin and Hyman. Both have been playing through some really tough blocked shots.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Keeping Nylander and Tavares despite evidence clearly showing the magic is nonexistant is on Keefe and no one else. Its a Babcock esk type move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad