Series Talk: Leafs vs CBJ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I am hoping Freddy puts together his best game face this go around. Morgs is healthy and i know he roughed it pretty good this year, he is big for us to beating all teams this playoff. Tavares, i just think he will lead with a heavy game this playoff. I’m thinking he will be our Mvp. Just a hunch. He’s a handful when he is just showing his hockey smarts. Now he is healthy physically and our vet that will be important.
Keefe should not hesitate to implant Clifford on the left side of either Matthews line or Tavares lines when-the first signs of players taking runs at our top six. It should be instant because Clifford will never hurt you defensively. That is directly pointed at Foligno or Anderson or who ever else needs a punch in the mouth. The rest have to know he will be watching their back. Kappy can twist off on the middle weights.
Keefe has really constructed his lines much differently. I’m not sure what he is up to with the wing switches etc. Seeing Hyman on the right side will be strange. The strategy to this is a completely unknown right now. Willy is on the left wing. Keefe has this set up for complete interchangeable among the top 9 i believe. Eg: he could flip Marner and Hyman now that they are both right side and have Nylander//Matthews/ Marner in a quick last change move in the offensive zone. Any zone he seems set up pretty nice actually for flexibility.This is not going to be the same old roll your lines sh!t we had to endure with Babcock Leafers

Last edited:

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I am hoping Freddy puts together his best game face this go around. Morgs is healthy and i know he roughed it pretty good this year, he is big for us to beating all teams this playoff. Tavares, i just think he will lead with a heavy game this playoff. I’m thinking he will be our Mvp. Just a hunch. He’s a handful when he is just showing his hockey smarts. Now he is healthy physically and our vet that will be important.
Keefe should not hesitate to implant Clifford on the left side of either Matthews line or Tavares lines when-the first signs of players taking runs at our top six. It should be instant because Clifford will never hurt you defensively. That is directly pointed at Foligno or Anderson or who ever else needs a punch in the mouth. The rest have to know he will be watching their back. Kappy can twist off on the middle weights.
Keefe has really constructed his lines much differently. I’m not sure what he is up to with the wing switches etc. Seeing Hyman on the right side will be strange. The strategy to this is a completely unknown right now. Willy is on the left wing. Keefe has this set up for complete interchangeable among the top 9 i believe. Eg: he could flip Marner and Hyman now that they are both right side and have Nylander//Matthews/ Marner in a quick last change move in the offensive zone. Any zone he seems set up pretty nice actually for flexibility.This is not going to be the same old roll your lines sh!t we had to endure with Babcock Leafers
is he playing?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Columbus worries me.

They play hard and will have a chip on their shoulder.

They knocked out Tampa last year and believe they can beat anyone. They are well coached and have strong veteran experience.

They worry me.

Nothing more nothing less but.....

56694175.jpg

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I'll give him a pass since it was an exhibition game and he probably didn't see a point in blocking shots or sacrificing the body when nothing is on the line
Yeah that’s fair, I’ve just seen this far too many times to think he’ll do anything different

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Keefe discretely called Nylander out saying he has more to give. I am on the Willie bandwagon and think he is just scratching the surface if he just keeps doing the things that made him successful this season. On the other hand the knives will be out if he has a poor playoffs.
He definitely had his moments where he was floating, but he did a better job staying engaged this season so maybe its just cause it was the first game back.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It makes sense if 3 of their most talented and intelligent players happen to be defensemen. Jones is a quarterback, Murray is a heads up player, and Werenski is their second leading goal scorer on top of being good at everything from the blueline.

I can see the logic. But they still had one of the leagues worst PPs. Wither way it's a pretty jarring difference e from how many other teams are going with a 4-1 setup

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Nylander says he wants to dominate. He had a good regular season, it’s next level time here. He will need to fight through the checks etc, The good news is he was scoring a lot from the dirty areas this year. The exhibition game was just rust remover. I’ve got a good feeling about Willy these playoffs.

Over the season Nylander was one of the teams leaders (if I recall correctly) for close to the net goals. I don't buy the idea that one hit will erase his devopmental progress of the last few seasons. His change in shooting habits has played a big role in why his numbers have gone up.

Imo too many folks set in stone their opinions on young players way too early. They're still works in progress until they start to hit their mid 20s, especially when it comes to their all around game

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
speaking of tree trunk for legs look at this beast

Bend and SNAP

In all seriousness willy should play with a killer mindset. When hes attacking and shooting and passing when needed that's when hes best. I dont want a passive nylander who just defers. If he has a shot take it.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Bend and SNAP

In all seriousness willy should play with a killer mindset. When hes attacking and shooting and passing when needed that's when hes best. I dont want a passive nylander who just defers. If he has a shot take it.

Timid time is definitely over. The Leafs already have three rounds of experience against Boston and Washington over the past three years, and they've represented the East in the finals twice.

Reactions: rubous

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Over the season Nylander was one of the teams leaders (if I recall correctly) for close to the net goals. I don't buy the idea that one hit will erase his devopmental progress of the last few seasons. His change in shooting habits has played a big role in why his numbers have gone up.

Imo too many folks set in stone their opinions on young players way too early. They're still works in progress until they start to hit their mid 20s, especially when it comes to their all around game
Still a few years right? How old is Nylander now?

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
If only you could do the main board GDT. I think my life would be complete.
I might try that in a sophistical, but also in a real hard way during these playoffs. This will keep us suckas on focus as other organizations are hating on us and being motivated by hate. That goes real deep mayne.

Reactions: Ciao

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I might try that in a sophistical, but also in a real hard way during these playoffs. This will keep us suckas on focus as other organizations are hating on us and being motivated by hate. That goes real deep mayne.

Dude seriously go for it. Nobody cares about all that photoshop stuff; your prose is more than sufficient.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
This is your time. Suckas like Budsfan and Zeke will throw up all the stats (in a good way). Be the change you are.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Just win, I don't care how or how many just find a way to win this son of a *****

The off-season will be grim if we can't start showing some developmental growth and advancing through the playoffs, no more excuses

Add me as a +1 for a @Coachcorner GDT, other suckas will be jealous as **** when he starts twerking on that thang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad