Series Talk: Leafs vs CBJ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Go coachcorner! This will be awesome. You win though you have to keep rollin out them thangs till no more suckas left to be thumpin on ;)

So lets get the fun goin woohoo

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Please coachcorner make that GDT sire.
We hard mayne! Dem suckas be hatin, Dem suckas be jelious, but we bout dat life! Leafs ain't no thang but a way of life, twerkin dat thang on them fools, like Juvenile said in '98 back dat ass up :yo: : clap :

Matthews, Marner and all dat dirt. Clifford and Hyman holdin it down mashin suckas, we hard mayne!

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Yesterday I lost my dog who has been battling cancer since March.

Do it for my boy, Leafs.
fFjwPvG.jpg

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Nylander says he wants to dominate. He had a good regular season, it’s next level time here. He will need to fight through the checks etc, The good news is he was scoring a lot from the dirty areas this year. The exhibition game was just rust remover. I’ve got a good feeling about Willy these playoffs.

Nylander has played in 3 playoff series to date and never scored more than 1 goal in any series.

Starting with these playoff qualifiers will be a good opportunity for Nylander to start making an impact after coming off a good regular season.

He has a good opportunity to start shedding some of his doubters and also solidify his spot on the team.. If the team is having success and Willy is a strong contributor to that talk about dealing him for a Dman help will die down.

Reactions: Garthinater

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
For this team to make an impact Nylander has to gain another gear and some snarl in his game.

He tends to take a backseat in the playoffs and folds when things get to physical (maybe anxiety).. he needs to be okay and get comfortable with physicality. He's a big boy, he can handle it, he just needs the confidence.. once he gets confident to accept being hit and throw some back himself he should be our 2nd/3rd best player... It's up to him though. He needs to NOT be invisible come playoff time. I really hope this is the year he learns this lesson.. he's one of my favorite players and this would be huge for his development for his career.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
For this team to make an impact Nylander has to gain another gear and some snarl in his game.

He tends to take a backseat in the playoffs and folds when things get to physical (maybe anxiety).. he needs to be okay and get comfortable with physicality. He's a big boy, he can handle it, he just needs the confidence.. once he gets confident to accept being hit and throw some back himself he should be our 2nd/3rd best player... It's up to him though. He needs to NOT be invisible come playoff time. I really hope this is the year he learns this lesson.. he's one of my favorite players and this would be huge for his development for his career.
Nylander was one of the best players in the Washington series. Overall I agree with you, but I think this can apply to Marner too.
Both have had 1 good series, 1 bad series and 1 ok series.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

This year he has been far more engaged in puck battles and going to the net. I wouldn't be overly concerned about Nylander not being able to handle things.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Just win, I don't care how or how many just find a way to win this son of a *****

The off-season will be grim if we can't start showing some developmental growth and advancing through the playoffs, no more excuses

Add me as a +1 for a @Coachcorner GDT, other suckas will be jealous as **** when he starts twerking on that thang
I'm still trying to find a Rosetta Stone program to learn the language........................

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Pool bar has two 50” screens. All set for any weather

I'm set up similarly in deciding to watch the games by the pool or in pool as my man cave is set up off the pool deck, just open the patio doors and you have front row seats to the big screen, with the pool fridge within arms reach.

Playoff hockey in August with the temperature near 30 is going to take on a whole new strategy.. There will be more fans in swimming pools watching games then fans in the arenas.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Nylander was one of the best players in the Washington series. Overall I agree with you, but I think this can apply to Marner too.
Both have had 1 good series, 1 bad series and 1 ok series.

And the last playoff series against Boston his line scored more goals than the Bruins. He had Marleau and Brown as linemates who were both having down years offensively, but he still put up the 2nd most 5v5 points of any Leaf that series. Was also kept off the 1st pp unit too.

But he got hit hard in like game 2 during 1 play, and unfortunately that's all some folks seem to remember

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Does anyone feel that it's not quite fair for the Leafs to have to play this series to qualify for the playoffs because at the time of the pause they were only 10 games left and they were in a playoff spot. I'm sure that I would consider it a gift if the situation were reversed, but the teams that were in a playoff spot must feel a bit cheated.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Does anyone feel that it's not quite fair for the Leafs to have to play this series to qualify for the playoffs because at the time of the pause they were only 10 games left and they were in a playoff spot. I'm sure that I would consider it a gift if the situation were reversed, but the teams that were in a playoff spot must feel a bit cheated.

No as there were 10-13 games left for teams, and teams could of bumped other teams.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I wanted simple points % at the time. I’m over it now but yeah it was nanny league giving all the undeserving kids a cookie too. All good now.

Edit: That said, it is not something i would totally disregard in the future as possibly very good for the league. I wouldn’t be opposed to 24 teams from now on. It really makes the president’s trophy and seeds way more prestigious and important. The draft is flawed the way it went down and would need a twerk.

We wouldn’t hear the end of it if we were Montreal or Chicago for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->