Series Talk: Leafs vs CBJ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
You should do our GDTs.
I mean a mother can't draw on anythang like that. So it would only be text and excitement. Our suckas is doing real beautiful job on those gdt's and my understanding is not enough for those. I only get excited bout our maple leafs games, mayne they hard! Always living that tucker belfour sundin domi corson roberts nolan moment again and again. Mogilny and dirt. But yeah mayne, I just am so excited bout this playoff season now! I'm excited like kanye is when he is running for the president. That that manish dirt right thurr.

Reactions: BrannigansLaw

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Columbus worries me.

They play hard and will have a chip on their shoulder.

They knocked out Tampa last year and believe they can beat anyone. They are well coached and have strong veteran experience.

They worry me.

I mean, we were neck and neck in the regular season standings. I don't think anyone should be overconfident. We will need to be at our very best to get by them.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Columbus worries me.

They knocked out Tampa last year and believe they can beat anyone. They are well coached and have strong veteran experience.

They worry me.
Leafs are also well coached, also play hard, and anybody can beat anyone in a short series like this.

That said, we have more talent and a deeper lineup. We should win the series.

They are tied with us for the 3rd youngest roster in the return to play and the only player to make it past the 2nd round in a playoff series is Nyquist when he went to the conference finals with the Sharks last year. So in terms of strong veteran experience we have them beaten as well.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Columbus worries me.

They worry me.
Columbus doesn’t worry me.
They only need to be out worked. I say we can keep pace.
They are low scoring. We are high scoring.
They live off of defense. We live off of offense.

They’re healthy,we are healthy.

I think we are a better team and better coached now that keefe has had time to change some things.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Leafs are also well coached, also play hard, and anybody can beat anyone in a short series like this.

That said, we have more talent and a deeper lineup. We should win the series.

They are tied with us for the 3rd youngest roster in the return to play and the only player to make it past the 2nd round in a playoff series is Nyquist when he went to the conference finals with the Sharks last year. So in terms of strong veteran experience we have them beaten as well.
They must have many more players that have won a series though. That's the big hurdle for this Team.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I mean a mother can't draw on anythang like that. So it would only be text and excitement. Our suckas is doing real beautiful job on those gdt's and my understanding is not enough for those. I only get excited bout our maple leafs games, mayne they hard! Always living that tucker belfour sundin domi corson roberts nolan moment again and again. Mogilny and dirt. But yeah mayne, I just am so excited bout this playoff season now! I'm excited like kanye is when he is running for the president. That that manish dirt right thurr.
f***ing right dude lets get excited!

Reactions: Coachcorner

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Columbus doesn’t worry me.
They only need to be out worked. I say we can keep pace.
They are low scoring. We are high scoring.
They live off of defense. We live off of offense.

They’re healthy,we are healthy.

I think we are a better team and better coached now that keefe has had time to change some things.
Toronto is under insane pressure with all their post season failures, Columbus is under zero pressure considering it was a miracle to even make play in round with the UFA losses and injuries this season

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Toronto is under insane pressure with all their post season failures, Columbus is under zero pressure considering it was a miracle to even make play in round with the UFA losses and injuries this season

Even if you feel disrespected by that comment or those like it, I really doubt the Leaf players have anything but respect for Columbus and Torts. In no way are they taking this lightly, and I'm sure the same is true in the Jackets camp. Both teams have their own reasons to think they can win.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Most of them only have that experience because of last year. We have 9 players on the roster that have at least seen the 2nd round before including cup winners in Muzzin/Clifford.
I think getting by Columbus will be huge for this teams mindset once the Playoffs start.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Maybe thats pretty common for all teams no. I would be scared if i was looking at leafs offense being a goalie. Them goalies have tons of pressure on them.
Andersen has pressure too.

Last edited:

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site

Tavares has tree trunks for legs.

Most players do, honestly don't know how they buy jeans that fit. Remember Marty St. Louis's legs? Legend status...
1902gzy5wjbrqjpg.jpg

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
If only you could do the main board GDT. I think my life would be complete.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Still not sure how I’m feeling about how things will go, obviously hoping for Leafs to destroy the Jackets but should the leafs falter here again, pressure will go up big time for everyone starting with Dubas.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
They must have many more players that have won a series though. That's the big hurdle for this Team.
Only one has been past the second round, and none have won a cup. Leafs have 2 that have won the cup.

So I'd say it's no advantage to them. Leafs took Boston to 7 games , Columbus lost to the Bruins in 6.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Is this the first series in the Shanny era when we have been close to 100% healthy and nobody suspended? I think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad