Series Talk: Leafs vs CBJ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Keefe discretely called Nylander out saying he has more to give. I am on the Willie bandwagon and think he is just scratching the surface if he just keeps doing the things that made him successful this season. On the other hand the knives will be out if he has a poor playoffs.

He needs to sacrifice the body more to win puck battles. One of the goals Montreal scored the puck came up his wing and he didn't even try to fight for it. It ended up in the back of the net seconds later. I see this happen all the time with him, but he doesn't seem to care.

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
Ok, but why at hockey games, and nowhere else, ever? That's weird.

If you play a round of golf with your friends, do you sing the anthem beforehand? Why not? Don't you care about the soldiers who died for your freedom to play golf? Why don't you respect the country? Grow up.
This is silly.

We need to be playing the anthem more in this country, not less. I agree with you, it shouldn't be only at school and at hockey games.

Reactions: The Spring Samauri

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Our time is getting real close sire. And miladys. We gon put the final nail on Torts and his boyz. They hard yeah, but they ain't got our Rocky III speed. No no no, not at all. It's gon be like Rocky and Carl Weathers running against each other and training when we step up on these toes. Torts' gon be a destroyed sucka after this one, and he one tough monster that man. But still, our speed, talented offensive mind and offensively oriented roots will take care of the soul business. We gon prevail and continue to roll. Congratulations :clap:
:laugh:

Reactions: glue and kb

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Key to the series is going to be playing in front with the lead as that will dictate play.

CBJ will fall into a tight checking game when they're up by a few goals as their strength is defending and protecting leads, however they will be forced to open up and attack when behind by a pair or more opening the door wider for the Leafs attack.

I wonder if our Leafs will take the foot off the gas in order to defend and bring the win home when up by a 2 or more, or continue to push the offense and take risks including the dmen pinching?

The Leafs were so bad to start many games this season I actually have a hard time picturing what a perfect first ten minutes for the team would look like.

Obviously you don’t want to no show and spot Columbus a lead, thereby setting CBJ up for the perfect retro New Jersey Devils strangulation choke hold.

You also don’t want to go back and forth too cautiously and have a 0-0 tie either and set up CBJ for a lucky bounce here and there.

I guess they just need to want that first goal and keep pushing.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I am a little concerned about ice quality.
Bad ice is going to help the chip and chase, grinding teams ... which is what Columbus is.
Ice is excellent from what I've heard. Hopefully it holds up.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
He needs to sacrifice the body more to win puck battles. One of the goals Montreal scored the puck came up his wing and he didn't even try to fight for it. It ended up in the back of the net seconds later. I see this happen all the time with him, but he doesn't seem to care.
I'll give him a pass since it was an exhibition game and he probably didn't see a point in blocking shots or sacrificing the body when nothing is on the line

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
i dont know man; leafs habs game i thought the ice was crap; puck bouncing all over the place
Too bad we can't go down to Scotia and see for ourselves ... da place is sealed off like military style ... all doors locked and entrance barcade ... even bloody path is cordoned off ... there is no way in ... i had one of my employees go down and try every possible angle

Reactions: crump

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Too bad we can't go down to Scotia and see for ourselves ... da place is sealed off like military style ... all doors locked and entrance barcade ... even bloody path is cordoned off ... there is no way in ... i had one of my employees go down and try every possible angle
Ya....too bad....

TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs
Since Nylander entered the league, only 15 players put up more points before their 24th birthday (even counting his horrible year last year) and unless they signed bridge deals almost none of those guys are making under $6M.

Most are making quite a bit more than him. Hardly a bad contract, especially if he plays like he did under Keefe this year.

Learn to read. He said if Tavares was gone and Kadri was suspended who is playing 2C? I said Nylander I never said he had a bad contract.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

lol. oh well.... but i think they will keep changing the times and may be one of the games leafs play the first game of the day; i know for the 2nd game against CBJ they are the 2nd game of the day. May be this way things will even out.... :dunno:

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Our time is getting real close sire. And miladys. We gon put the final nail on Torts and his boyz. They hard yeah, but they ain't got our Rocky III speed. No no no, not at all. It's gon be like Rocky and Carl Weathers running against each other and training when we step up on these toes. Torts' gon be a destroyed sucka after this one, and he one tough monster that man. But still, our speed, talented offensive mind and offensively oriented roots will take care of the soul business. We gon prevail and continue to roll. Congratulations :clap:
You should do our GDTs.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He did take the Leafs to win the series, and to win the East (losing to Dallas in the final) in the sportsnet playoff predictions.

I agree that article was a strange exaltation of Tortorella, but generally I dont have a problem with his articles.
Great then because that article would gag a maggot! :)

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
The Leafs were so bad to start many games this season I actually have a hard time picturing what a perfect first ten minutes for the team would look like.
It would probably involve a lot less Andersen/Hutchinson letting in beach balls from the blueline on the first shot. Tends to suck the life out of a team.

Thankfully, Andersen looked a lot more controlled and confident in the exhibition game. Hopefully he's back to his old self.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
i dont know man; leafs habs game i thought the ice was crap; puck bouncing all over the place
I think the ice starts to crap out after the 1st game of the day. Early games are probably ok. Late games (like ours was the other night) is a whole 'nother ballgame.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think the ice starts to crap out after the 1st game of the day. Early games are probably ok. Late games (like ours was the other night) is a whole 'nother ballgame.

they were saying that even though people are not present in the arena so body heat having impact on ice was less of an issue; since it is summer they have to crank up the AC to keep the ice from deteriorating; not sure how that is going to pan out. If leafs-habs game was any indication of the ice; teams will have to come up with a strategy how to handle bad ice for the 2nd and 3rd games of the day

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I think we need a pre game thread Leafers. Nitty gritty time here :)
I don’t do them but i think it would be good to get going if some kind soul would be in to doing one!
F*** I’m ready, i’m readyyyyyyy ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad