Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Caps- new start and a big focus on playerss

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

Randy is out. Now good thing I changed my university schedule so I dont have class tomorrow.
Focus is on the players that starts tomorrow. Will they respond? Play the same way? Better efficient hockey, or same nightmare hockey?

This will be interesting.
Go Leafs Go

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Change in the team play won't happen over night, but it will be interesting to see how some players respond to Carlyle's firing

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Practice lines?

About the same.

Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets · 2h 2 hours ago
Bozak centres JVR and Kessel. Smith, Clarkson and Komarov, 3rd line.
McKegg , Panik , Booth and Ashton round out your 4th line. #TMLtalk

Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets · 2h 2 hours ago
Nazem a Kadri skates with the main group this morning on a line with Winnik and Santorelli. #TMLtalk

Ashton was waived though. Bodie should be up as well?

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I personally think the players respond positively and keep WSH under 35 shots (huge accomplishment for RC Leafs). However change in coaching usually results in a bunch of system tweaks as well as pairing changes so I think there will be some hiccups in the next few games and I'm not sure where our team goes from here...

leafstilldeath*

Horachek taking reins

Here is hoping Horachek means it and is not just making things up for the media and fans to eat it up

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Horachek's Panthers looked ****ing amazing against the Leafs but then again the Leafs make every team look good.

Hope he can help the Leafs out.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Improvement won't happen over night though, I hope people understand. Likely to take at least a few games, if not a few weeks.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This team is rotten to the core. Pun intended.

Nothing will change and if I was general manager and Kessel started playing defense tomorrow night. I would bench him and trade him. What a entitled piece of crap he is. Fighting with reporters again today.

He has a problem facing the tough questions. That's about all you need to know about his lack of character. I want him so gone with everything that had come to light. Sick of this *******.

mikebel111*

Nothing will change and if I was general manager and Kessel started playing defense tomorrow night. I would bench him and trade him. What a entitled piece of crap he is. Fighting with reporters again today.

He has a problem facing the tough questions. That's about all you need to know about his lack of character. I want him so gone with everything that had come to light. Sick of this *******.

Wow cool down. How was he fighting? A reporter asked him a dumb question and Phil lashed out as he should have.
"Do you think your uncoachable"? What kind of nonsense is that?
Its like me coming upto Obama and saying "do you think your ruining USA"?
I dont blame Phil one bit here
You bud need to relax

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012

He answered the question blatantly by saying "I don't think so" then called out one of the true scum in the media for asking what was truly a dumb and unprofessional question. Don't see how standing up for yourself is a "lack of character", in fact it says the opposite. The media is half the problem in this town, and the Star is the biggest joke of all. Leafs PR needs to do something about it.

Hopefully this lights a fire under Phil, and the rest of the team, because obviously a firing is the fault of the entire team and organization. I for one am excited to see how this team responds in the coming weeks with the West Coast road trip.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Wow cool down. How was he fighting? A reporter asked him a dumb question and Phil lashed out as he should have.
You bud need to relax

I would take Ron Wilson's comments more seriously then the armchair GM's out there, that's for sure. (and for the record, no, I am not talking about you directly, I am speaking more about the Kessel defenders out there in general.)

Last edited:

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
[NHL]718560[/NHL]

Seems like he said "resolve" not "results" as mentioned above.

I already like this guy 100x more than Carlyle. A positive mindset and resolve is exactly what this team needs after three years of being whined at and verbally abused by their coach. Just like Babcock, this guy isn't going to have any bad body language around the team.

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
I already like this guy 100x more than Carlyle. A positive mindset and resolve is exactly what this team needs after three years of being whined at and verbally abused by their coach. Just like Babcock, this guy isn't going to have any bad body language around the team.

Completely agree. I love his attitude from the get go. He seems like he was ready to grab this team by the horns at a moments notice and get their mindset turned in the right direction away from all the negativity.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
You bud need to relax

I'll relax when this guy is traded. He is a uncoachable player. Wilson said so. He is in denial and he sucks. Getting rid of him would make my day. Not even to mention what we would get in return for him.

Floater is all he is. Jvr is just as bad a floater too. So is Gardiner and I want every one of them gone. Way to soft and care less about team play. Lol I do need to relax but these losers have me pretty wound up.

Last edited:

stymie

Oct 15, 2014
Who will dish the payback to Ovi?
Kessel perhaps?
(just staying on theme)

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario

Nothing worse than being called just ok. What was it Babcock said about Howard last season? People don't watch many Red Wing games if you think he hasn't facepalmed or looked like he was losing his ****

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
100% support him being the captain (however I wouldn't do that until at least off-season).

I would wait until someone actually earns it. Don't mind waiting a couple years too. They have to display the characteristics on and off the ice consistently.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Horacek is stressing getting these guys ready for the next game (on Leafs TV)
That's all we're thinking about now"

So.... I guess that's good - to remember to be prepared to start strong

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Phaneuf - "this decision is because of not being consistent, we're still in a good spot - and need to more consistent
Bernier - "we know its on us, we know we can play better defense"
Franson - "we know there's major accountability as a group, and thats our main focus going forward - we have to find a way to be more consistent"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad