Not open for further replies.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
another 10 pm game aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Have to be up early on Friday; might doze off during or after 2nd period lol

hope we keep streaking!!! :crossfing

P.S. remember to shit on Leafs players in the GDT if I am not there to do it because I dozed off lol.

Apparently shitting on players means they score!!!!! :yo:
I’m all over it ;)

Cecithepylon

May 4, 2017
I will be ok if we lose this one after the performance we just put on. That being said if we win here then we are laughing so hard. Hope we win. It’s so nice also having hutch go in now on a back to back I trust him now.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Loving the killer instinct on this team. Hopefully they can spread more joy to the Toronto loving west coast. Mikey is the new Russian Hyman. Never takes a shift off.

Reactions: Confucius

Sherpaderp

Feb 9, 2019
should spezza be getting more ice time? he has the least ice time of all regular players/game yet despite this hes on pace for 22g and 56p over an 82 game schedule. Think about that. I dont know if ive ever seen a situation like that before

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Tentative lineups with updated GSVA:

Screenshot_20210304-114025_Sheets.jpg

GSVA Notes:

- Matthews back up to #1 in the league
- Marner up to #5 behind Matthews, McDavid, Pastrnak, MacKinnon
- Rielly up to #5 dman behind Makar, Fox (!), Hamilton, Hedman

Reactions: MattySnipes

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
I’d imagine Lilly in for Bogo tonight. Would be nice for Sabourin to get a game too. Put him in for Boyd and move Spezza to C

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Wonder if they'll put some fresh legs, like Lily and Barabanov, in for tonight.

They're rolling pretty good but Vancouver hasn't been rolling over as much as they were when the Leafs' last met them.

Having played last night and travelling to Vancouver for tonight's game, I would be surprised to see some sluggish play. Good thing Vancouver just came off a back to back two nights ago and had to travel yesterday from Winnipeg.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Thornton, Spezza, and Bogo should get a rest. Put them back in on Saturday.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Expecting a rough game. This is the trap game of trap games.
Yeah, I won't be particularly surprised or upset if they lose. Just hope that if they do, they bounce back on Saturday and remind Vancouver they're the little brother :)

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I don't see this as a trap game. Matthews has gone too long without a goal and the Leafs have 4 lines that are scoring. The Canucks don't have the players to stop nor counter that.

Leafs 5-2 after coming out slow, giving up the first one and making Leaf Nation panic.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Call me crazy but we should be resting Thornton, Spezza, Andersen and Bogo tonight.

Barabonov-Matthews-Marner
Kerfoot-Tavares-Nylander
Hyman-Engvall-Micheyev
Vesey-Boyd-Augostino

Reilly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Lilly

Hutch
Andersen

No need to start Andersen back to back after injury. Give Vets a night off on back to back so they are rested and get to sure up aches and bruises.

We have the depth, why not.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Call me crazy but we should be resting Thornton, Spezza, Andersen and Bogo tonight.

Barabonov-Matthews-Marner
Kerfoot-Tavares-Nylander
Hyman-Engvall-Micheyev
Vesey-Boyd-Augostino

Reilly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Lilly

Hutch
Andersen

No need to start Andersen back to back after injury. Give Vets a night off on back to back so they are rested and get to sure up aches and bruises.

We have the depth, why not.

I agree. Anyone who is hurting or borderline injured should be rested.

This is just a game, there is still a long road ahead of us.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'm all for resting players, especially on a back to back.

Keep in mind in two weeks the Leafs will start a stretch where they'll have two 5-day breaks within a two week period. So lots of time to rest then too.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
I'm all for resting players, especially on a back to back.

Keep in mind in two weeks the Leafs will start a stretch where they'll have two 5-day breaks within a two week period. So lots of time to rest then too.
Those will be a good couple of weeks for Guys with nagging injuries - but i still agree with @BlueForever75 in saying we should rest a bunch of guys.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I'd love to see Woll get a game. Back to backs with travel against a rested opponent are supposed to be a loss anyway

The Blueprint

Dec 4, 2018
should spezza be getting more ice time? he has the least ice time of all regular players/game yet despite this hes on pace for 22g and 56p over an 82 game schedule. Think about that. I dont know if ive ever seen a situation like that before
I was thinking about this last night...I do wonder if having him play lower ice time is helping him stay fresh out there and if an increase in ice time would be detrimental to his on ice impact...and I would normally say an increase in QoC would hurt but there were a few times our 4th line was against McDavid these last few games and didn't look too bad

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Trap game if there ever was one, especially if they put Demko in.

Like to see a solid effort again, they can afford to rest Spezza and Thornton, even Bogo if they wanted.

Some guy. Matthews. Marner
Kerfoot. Tavares. Nylander
Mikheyev. Engvall. Hyman
Vesey. Boyd. Agostino

Reilly. Brodie
Muzzin. Holl
Dermott. Liljegren

Campbell or Hutch

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
This is the trap game. Huge string of victories against an important opponent, with a back to back against a weak one. This is the one that the previous Leafs teams always lose. Boys need to keep the workman mentality going, keep that strong defensive posture. The Canucks bleed chances against, so the offense will come readily. Just keep defending well and the feet moving and bag the two points. Pile the W's on and get a real good streak going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad