Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I know Bogo and Dermott have been rock solid but I am disappointed Liljegren doesn't get into the game. Probably the perfect chance to get him in there.

Reactions: stickty111

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Got those trap game game feels but it's also arguably the best offensive team in the league vs. arguably the worst defensive team in the league and we've already swept them in a 3 game series dominating them every game and outscoring them 15-5.

Is it wrong to be overconfident here?

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
I fully agree. I can see this being a low scoring affair. Leafs get caught in a cycle game, coming in overconfident and a little tired from clobbering the Oilers.

Good goaltending and some powerplays may make the difference.
Leafs have been great, hard to say that as a nuck fan. I expect a close game tonight we have been a lot better and Demko seems to be the clear #1 and the D is finally in sync.
Things haven't gone the way I hoped and it will be an uphill battle but I predicted a Leafs, Nucks final, at least I at least got half right lol.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Tentative lineups with updated GSVA:

View attachment 403228

GSVA Notes:

- Matthews back up to #1 in the league
- Marner up to #5 behind Matthews, McDavid, Pastrnak, MacKinnon
- Rielly up to #5 dman behind Makar, Fox (!), Hamilton, Hedman
I have never seen anyone live off stats the way you do. Baseball, I kind of get it but Hockey being a team sport has way to many variables. I saw Oilers fans who live off advanced stats saying they were by far the better team after the first two losses against the leafs.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I have never seen anyone live off stats the way you do. Baseball, I kind of get it but Hockey being a team sport has way to many variables. I saw Oilers fans who live off advanced stats saying they were by far the better team after the first two losses against the leafs.

You're right stats are bad go with your gut.

Reactions: mikelb7

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
The ZIP line isn’t taking the night off so I expect another win. Haven’t been this impressed by a third line in a long time. Also, Matthews is going to dominate tonight, he looked great last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad