Pre-Game Talk: Leafs visit the Bruins

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Marchand is a persona non grata with me simply because he’s not a Leaf and he’s a Bruin. Two strikes.

But, the guy is hilarious. Maybe not all there, or more he’s willing to make a jackass of himself just to entertain his teammates. which I respect, 100%

But during the Marner negotiations when he tweeted he thought Marner should make 12 million AAV, honestly that is next level trolling, and if you can’t appreciate that I feel bad for you.

Reactions: bax and riffle

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
As for Spezza, he's still a very capable player, I think he's simply just burning out from an endurance perspective.
Honestly with the two college kids, Blackwell and a whole host of bottom 6 players, there's no reason that Spez should play anything more than 60% of games.

riffle

Mar 17, 2022
East of Eden
Marchand is a persona non grata with me simply because he’s not a Leaf and he’s a Bruin. Two strikes.

But, the guy is hilarious. Maybe not all there, or more he’s willing to make a jackass of himself just to entertain his teammates. which I respect, 100%

But during the Marner negotiations when he tweeted he thought Marner should make 12 million AAV, honestly that is next level trolling, and if you can’t appreciate that I feel bad for you.
Marchand is a unique character. This was next-level for a professional athlete:

This was next-level for a maniac:

• Haha
Reactions: HamiltonNHL

riffle

Mar 17, 2022
East of Eden
Marchand is the biggest bitch in the entire league. Phenomenal player, but massive bitch.
Not disagreeing. Imagine you're a Leafs fan and Matthews takes your phone and records a personal message to you.

The other thing was disgraceful. The exact opposite of the other thing.

Marchand may give us a Will Smith moment to talk about tonight. You never know.

Reactions: AvroArrow

riffle

Mar 17, 2022
East of Eden
I’m a big fan of Marchand. Every one of us would be too if he was a Leaf. Clutch, doesn’t back down, gets under your skin, leader.
If he was a Leaf, I'd still think he had a bolt (or two or more) loose. But, I LOVE that he wants to win and he wants you to lose and is willing to do whatever it takes for that to happen.

I hope Bunting plays the role of Bread man tonight...

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Marchand is such a strange little man. Great hockey player and pest to have on any team though.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Makar, McAvoy, Caulfield all come to mind instantly. Obviously higher ranked, but I can guarantee there were more that have made that same jump.

Also as much as the NCAA has been around for a long time, it's only really become a premiere option for Canadian kids relatively recently. Even a lot of the top US kids would migrate north to the CHL for for their Junior years. So only recently are you seeing high end players play in the NCAA, maybe the last 10-15 years. But it's really taken an uptick in the last 5 years. It's arguably the best developmental path for NA kids nowadays, whereas for kids that even grew up in my generation (1990 birth year) it was kind of a fall back for kids that weren't good enough to play major junior and opted to go Jr.A to NCAA. I remember when Kyle Turris, who is around my age went through the BCHL to NCAA and people thought he was nuts.

so long story short, I think you'll see a lot more of these kids finish their seasons and jump straight into playoffs going forward. A lot of them make the jumps straight onto dogshit teams and dominate right away. Batherson, Hughes, Gudreau, Boeser, Boldy...etc.

Also Abruzzese is 22 years old and has played well internationally for USA at the Olympics. So he is ready to play pro. NHL pro? well that remains to be seen. But you gotta give it a go. I remember when Bozak came to our team however many years back and he would have been around the same age, and he didn't skip a beat. It's worth a shot.
interesting. lets hope it works out for both him and knies who we think will join as well.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I'd be fine if they play Spezza once a week and then for the last 5 games or so he gets in 3 games and be ready for playoffs.

Spezza is an integral part of the team, especially on 2nd PP. He shows up in the playoffs. No way I sit him out.

Reactions: Lauro

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Cool. Hasn't played much C in the NHL but he was a natural C before then. Would be nice if he could fill the 4C spot.

I'd have bumped Kerfoot to 3C and Kampf to 4C. Hell even play Nylander at 3C as a future replacement of JT on 2nd line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad