Pre-Game Talk: Leafs visit the Bruins

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Sheldon Keefe confirmed that Nick Abruzzese will join the team in Boston. I’m sure they’ll want him to get some practices in so i doubt he’ll be in the lineup, but it’s possible.

This is the 2nd of 3 meetings between Boston and the Leafs this season.

The Leafs won the first encounter 5-2, where Tavares put up 2 goals and 3 points, Matthews put up 2 goals, and Mitch Marner put up 1 goal and 4 points.

Jack Campbell saved 42 of 44, while Linus Ullmark saved 31 of 35

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Between the lack of drama around whether we will make the playoffs, the stupid playoff seeding format, the frustrating bipolar identity of this team's performance game-to-game, and the fact that all questions around this team will not be answered until the playoffs and I'm finding it oddly hard to generate much excitement for these regular season games.

riffle

Mar 17, 2022
East of Eden
Mrazek vs. Swayman for this one? Doesn't quite have the same ring as Andersen vs. Rask.

By far, the biggest game of the season, to date, for the Leafs. Boston has been trending way up the last couple of months while the Leafs have been heading the opposite direction.

Hoping beating a beleaguered Panthers team does for the boys confidence what losing to Carolina 4-1 did for them earlier this season.

We get our first look at Hampus Lindholm with the Bruins and they get a look at Gio and Blackwell. Bergeron just came back from injury.

Anyone else feeling the tractor beam pulling the Leafs and Bruins into another 1st round series? Tampa, most likely, would have to finish 4th in the division for it to happen but can't shake the feeling.

Biggest thing for me is Mrazek is playing well as he has the last two. Jack has never played a playoff game on the road in front of a full building. It'd be nice to gain some trust in Mrazek in a big game like this one. Also, want to see the Matthews line dominate and get in Swayman's head like Rask seemed to be in ours. I can still see Auston's lips... F you, Rask!

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Boston's team defence is absolutely insane 5 on 5 and on the PK.

1648482184241.png

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Big game in regards to jockeying for position in the standings, although we have 2 games against each team (Panthers, Lightning, Boston), so probably be lots of movement right until the end of the season

Reactions: Ciao

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Only 3 times they play the Bruins this year. I thought they would play more. How is the schedule broken down?

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Only 3 times they play the Bruins this year. I thought they would play more. How is the schedule broken down?

With the addition of Seattle, we have to play them 2 times.

So after you play every team in the west twice, that's 32 games done.

Of the remaining 50, you have to play everyone in the Metro 3 times, that's 24 games.

So, of the remaining 26 games, you have to split that up with the 7 remaining teams in the division(not including the Leafs obviously). Can't play everyone 4 times, because that will be 28 games, so some times in your division you have to play 3 times. The Bruins and Panthers are those teams.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I think it's because Seattle was added to the league (and Vegas a few years back). IIRC, historically with 30 teams in this alignment, you would play every team in your division at least 4 times, and then play certain teams (2-3 teams that changed every year) in the division 5 times. Then you would play every remaining EC team 3x times while 2 games against each WC team. This year it looks like we're playing Buffalo, Montreal, Ottawa, Tampa and Detroit x4 while Boston and Florida we only play 3 times. So essentially we lost a game against Boston and Florida at the expense of playing Seattle, and we no longer play more than 4 games against any team at all.

I miss the old days where we had 3 divisions per conference and the Leafs would play Boston, Montreal, Ottawa and Buffalo 6 times each. At one point it became 8 games, which was too much. I still remember one season where we went 0-8-0 against Boston..

Reactions: Apex Predator

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Feeling good about this one. Hoping they shake up the fourth line. Mikey and Engvall should never be separated.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I would love nothing more than a win here.

Crazy how Boston refuses to regress and always have a strong team.

I dont hate them, they just annoy me lol

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Bruins are making their hay this year by being tighter defensively than ever. Still dangerous offensively but not like in years past.

Hopefully the Leafs' speed can expose their D a bit like it did to the Panthers.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad