Proposal: Leafs-Vegas

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
My God the arrogance from you is ridiculous. You thought a good prospect is good. What an eye for talent you have.
LOL My god you're comprehension skills are truly lacking. I think a good prospect will become a good NHL player (not prospect). I have doubts regarding Lili and am convinced at this point Hague is better.
Regardless the point was he sure isnt a B level prospect. f*** off with that statement. Leaf prospects are gods but other team prospects are just meh, amirite?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
LOL My god you're comprehension skills are truly lacking. I think a good prospect will become a good NHL player (not prospect). I have doubts regarding Lili and am convinced at this point Hague is better.
Regardless the point was he sure isnt a B level prospect. **** off with that statement. Leaf prospects are gods but other team prospects are just meh, amirite?
I can't tell if you're being rhetorical, must be my lack of reading comprehension. I just don't have an eye for it I guess.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Are we comparing Hague and lily and sandin here?
Hague may have the highest offensive potential but is easily the worst in the d zone. And yes easily. Anybody who follows him knows that a weakness in his game.

I'll leave it at that not gonna say who's better. I think they are all comparable to some degree.

'I'm not going to say who's better but I'm going to say who's better.'

Well I follow Hague and I find what you say to be a load of hot garbage. He's +6 and plays just fine for a 19 year old in his first full pro season. He needs to spend another summer improving his foot speed, just like he improved it leaps and bounds this past summer

Reactions: Legend123

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
How many prospects were elite offensively in the CHL and busted? That's not exactly a great way to back up your claim when it's well known. I mean, you sit there and say you know prospects but I've yet to see you actually give any kind of report. It looks like you just went to DB and posted Hagues size and point totals.

Ah, so I am not the only one who sees the "legend"ary silliness.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
'I'm not going to say who's better but I'm going to say who's better.'

Well I follow Hague and I find what you say to be a load of hot garbage. He's +6 and plays just fine for a 19 year old in his first full pro season. He needs to spend another summer improving his foot speed, just like he improved it leaps and bounds this past summer
The guy was arguing about Hague as if lili isnt known for his defensive miscues.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Gards gets 52pts last year, 49 pace thus far, but gets moved for a bottom pairing dman and B prospect?

nah. rather just keep him and watch him walk then move him for that pittance. criminally underrated on these boards. has easily been the best dman not named rielly on the leafs this year. on a team that is 7-3

Feb 24, 2017
A 2nd round pick is better than our two recent firsts? Sandin was lights out in the pre-season and Liljegren was another D who made the AHL at 18. Nevermind the OHL. Not the first nor the last to score like that as a defenseman. That isn't even taking into account SDA.

But to claim a 2nd rounder is better than two first rounders so close to the draft is laughable.
Zetterberg
Jessimen

Pedigree means nothing.

Feb 24, 2017
Gards gets 52pts last year, 49 pace thus far, but gets moved for a bottom pairing dman and B prospect?

nah. rather just keep him and watch him walk then move him for that pittance. criminally underrated on these boards. has easily been the best dman not named rielly on the leafs this year. on a team that is 7-3
Definitely agree. Never sell a player just because. Get proper value or the possible benefactors can go f*** themselves.

Allhailtheleafs

Feb 18, 2018
How has no one pointed out the difference between prospects playing in the ohl vs ahl. In the ahl your playing against full grown men in a faster pace and more physical game. The ahl is a much better indicator of NHL success then the ohl. Big boys can dominate playing against children in the ohl. This is why to predict the level of success of power forwards and defence men. I go to steel head games, and loved watching him. Liligren is the better prospect. Sandin and Hague are equal in value. I prefer Hague just cause of his side, but sandin plays with more heart and his passion and work ethic could lead him to be better. Hague=SANDIN

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
You wouldn't trade a career bottom pairing dman for Gardiner? :laugh:

Good luck!

What should they do with Gardiner?Both Schmidt and Theo has shown they can play in the playoff? Do they needa third guy in same mold, that dont can play playoff?... Oh man

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
What an asinine way of looking at it. I guess Michael Dal Colle is the Islanders top prospect. After all, he was drafted top 5
What's asinine is that you compared MDC who was drafted in 2014 when he was talking about value of players in recent drafts. Swing and a miss. Not saying his point is correct but you countered dumb with even dumber.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
that dont can play playoff?.
giphy.gif

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Gardiner is a great player. I can only guess that the team he plays for is why he's getting so little respect here.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
To TOR: McNabb + Hague

To LGK: Gardiner

Leafs won’t be able to afford Gardiner after this year. Vegas could use an offensive defender and help on the PP.

McNabb adds some size and stay at home play while Hague is an intriguing prospect with size.

The bolded is a strong possibility but i think a good portion of the fans are comfortable with Dermott taking Gardiners spot next season should the money not work out. This season they can have both and try to make some noise in the playoffs which is probably their best move. Of course nobody knows whether changes to the D core will happen prior to the deadline so there are scads of possibilities but i would consider downgrading the D to be one of the least likely plans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad