Proposal: Leafs-Vegas

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Ok so explain instead of being bias. I know prospects and Hague is better than all of urs imo.

A 2nd round pick is better than our two recent firsts? Sandin was lights out in the pre-season and Liljegren was another D who made the AHL at 18. Nevermind the OHL. Not the first nor the last to score like that as a defenseman. That isn't even taking into account SDA.

But to claim a 2nd rounder is better than two first rounders so close to the draft is laughable.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
A 2nd round pick is better than our two recent firsts? Sandin was lights out in the pre-season and Liljegren was another D who made the AHL at 18. Nevermind the OHL. Not the first nor the last to score like that as a defenseman. That isn't even taking into account SDA.

But to claim a 2nd rounder is better than two first rounders so close to the draft is laughable.
What an asinine way of looking at it. I guess Michael Dal Colle is the Islanders top prospect. After all, he was drafted top 5

SteadyFreddie

Jun 11, 2018
What an asinine way of looking at it. I guess Michael Dal Colle is the Islanders top prospect. After all, he was drafted top 5
The difference being however, we know that Sandin and Liljgren are likely to work out unlike Dal Colle. Also, Sandin and Liljgren were drafted in 2017, and 2018, not 2014...

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

Waaaaaaaaaaiiit. So are you suggesting based on draft range that Lili and Sandin are better but then go full circle and suggest a third rounder might be better??? Hahahha wow. That logic!
Ill let you know that being a first rounder dont mean shit when comparing prospects after a full season of development (if the draft was held at age 19, im 100% sure Hague goes above Lili).
So Sandin was lights out? But so was Hague. Lmao wut?
And yeah he is among the firsts. He accomplished something pretty historical. And Ill let you know that Elvenes, a 5th rounder, is one of the best prospects out there even though he wasnt a 'first round pick'. He might even be the Knights best prospect and certainly in the mix with Brannstrom and Hague.

"His 78 points set a Steelheads single season record while his 35 goals represent an all-time franchise mark and the most by an OHL defenceman since Chris Allen of the Kingston Frontenacs lit the lamp 38 times in 1997-98" (OHL)

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
The difference being however, we know that Sandin and Liljgren are likely to work out unlike Dal Colle. Also, Sandin and Liljgren were drafted in 2017, and 2018, not 2014...
what, why?? How the hell can u already know that your prospects will work out, when most prospects bust?? Because they are leafs?? lol lmao. Just drafted Sandin. Already a sure fire NHLer, amirite? But if u had drafted someone else, would you know for him as well he would likely work out? lmao

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

You can't tell the difference between a former first rounder being past by a a later pick years later and a person saying a 2nd rounder is better than a first rounder right after the draft?

Crazydounut

Oct 10, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Bad for both. Hague has a ton of upside but its uncertain if he reaches it. Plus McNabb is a downgrade from Gardner
Vegas gives up a solid prospect with really good potential. Plus they probably won't sign Gardner long term with Brannstrom coming up next season.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
"His 78 points set a Steelheads single season record while his 35 goals represent an all-time franchise mark and the most by an OHL defenceman since Chris Allen of the Kingston Frontenacs lit the lamp 38 times in 1997-98" (OHL)

Ooooooooooo.......Chris Allen! Well why didn’t you say so?

Reactions: Cotton

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
You can't tell the difference between a former first rounder being past by a a later pick years later and a person saying a 2nd rounder is better than a first rounder right after the draft?
So Norris is a better prospect than Thomas, Chytil, Poehling, Vesalainen? Is Makar better than Pettersson? Is Andersson a better prospect than Mittelstadt?
Or a better question, who would u take Foote or Lili? Is the eentire first round better than Tolvanen and/or Heponiemi?? lol plz stop with ur madness.

Reactions: Pia8988

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Ooooooooooo.......Chris Allen! Well why didn’t you say so?
who cares? How many great D propects have come from the OHL or CHL in general? A bunch. And yet he beat them all offensively.
How many prospects busted in the AHL? Are u gonna suggest since Allen did it that it isnt significant?? LMAO!

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto

Not to defend the other guy but saying a player today is better because he was drafted in the first round over the 2nd round is not really saying much. Lots of players get drafted outside the 1st round that become great players.

Plus I don’t think liljegren could play in the OHL. But I could be wrong.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
who cares? How many great D propects have come from the OHL or CHL in general? A bunch. And yet he beat them all offensively.
How many prospects busted in the AHL? Are u gonna suggest since Allen did it that it isnt significant?? LMAO!

Lots of great D came from there. Know what they had in common? It wasn't how they compared to Chris Allen.

I am going to suggest that sometimes people kill their own argument without even realizing it. Had you said "most goals since Niedermayer" or something, it may have been taken more seriously.

Nope. Chris Allen.

You got us!

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Lots of great D came from there. Know what they had in common? It wasn't how they compared to Chris Allen.

I am going to suggest that sometimes people kill their own argument without even realizing it. Had you said "most goals since Niedermayer" or something, it may have been taken more seriously.

Nope. Chris Allen.

You got us!
Lol I'm done here. Thanks for the laugh.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

AHL was never an option for Hague. Horrible argument, but not surprising.

Also, someone should go tell DeBrincat he's too good since he wasn't a first rounder and needs to cut that shit out.

Reactions: Legend123

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Are we comparing Hague and lily and sandin here?
Hague may have the highest offensive potential but is easily the worst in the d zone. And yes easily. Anybody who follows him knows that a weakness in his game.

I'll leave it at that not gonna say who's better. I think they are all comparable to some degree.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Hague is looking like a pretty solid prospect. Not sure why Vegas would want to move him right now when he's developing like a 1st round pick.

Reactions: MordredGK

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I wouldn't want Gardiner for Hague alone.

Leafs are looking for size after they let the gritty guys go and will struggle in the playoffs again. shanaplan
Because those gritty guys helped win the Leafs all those recent cups right?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
How many prospects were elite offensively in the CHL and busted? That's not exactly a great way to back up your claim when it's well known. I mean, you sit there and say you know prospects but I've yet to see you actually give any kind of report. It looks like you just went to DB and posted Hagues size and point totals.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
How many prospects were elite offensively in the CHL and busted? That's not exactly a great way to back up your claim when it's well known. I mean, you sit there and say you know prospects but I've yet to see you actually give any kind of report. It looks like you just went to DB and posted Hagues size and point totals.
I was saying why say CHL prospects bust when AHL players bust equally as much. You mis-understood what I obviously meant. Your fault. And are u just gonna ignore my statement that he looked amazing pre-season, meaning I watched him play.
And no I wont pretend I know ALL prospects (neither should you) but when I see talent, I usually have an eye for it. I saw that in Hague. Not so much in Lili in his games vs the Habs (he looked dreadful defensively).

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I was saying why say CHL prospects bust when AHL players bust equally as much. You mis-understood what I obviously meant. Your fault. And are u just gonna ignore my statement that he looked amazing pre-season, meaning I watched him play.
And no I wont pretend I know ALL prospects (neither should you) but when I see talent, I usually have an eye for it. I saw that in Hague. Not so much in Lili in his games vs the Habs (he looked dreadful defensively).
My God the arrogance from you is ridiculous. You thought a good prospect is good. What an eye for talent you have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->