GDT: Leafs v Flames - Just win. I don't care how

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
We need an NHL level goalie performance. Team has been playing g well and getting let down by goalie performance. Right the ship Jack!

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Don't know if Freddy is "done" yet. On one hand riding Soupy gives Freddy a chance to heal and get ready for the playoffs. On the other, if he gets hurt close to the playoffs, and Freddy has not fixed himself, we are done. Ride Soupy ride.

This would be the correct take. Give Campbell the net until he loses it or gets injured again.

Reactions: ToneDog

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
We all need to remember how Rittich played last time he faced us....

Hopefully he doesn't have another Vezina type performance tonight.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

Best of luck, from a Habs fan, we need you guys to win as well... The Flames are catchin up and I dont like it... WIN TONGIHT LEAFS... WINNNNN

Too bad you guys can't play 3 on 3, 0 and 9 Oh my. lol Just splitting those OT games would have you 1 point out of 1st. Unbelievable really. Talk about no luck..

mcleafs

Jan 2, 2020
I’ll just say it. Tonight is an absolute must win. The Leafs are in a full scale freefall and it needs to end before our upcoming games against the Oilers and Jets.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I’ll just say it. Tonight is an absolute must win. The Leafs are in a full scale freefall and it needs to end before our upcoming games against the Oilers and Jets.

Another 4 day break after tonight, things are going to get even tighter for us in this division as all the other teams are playing and are catching up to us.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
They've scored 3 goals per game in the last 5.

You're talking about the entire team, I'm criticizing only our 4 stars who should be able to score against these non-playoff teams when we really need it. I agree that 3 goals should be enough to win and Andersen sucks and could have stolen some of those games for us but if our star boys could score like they did before these 7 games, they could have taken 5 of those games (3-1 and 4-2 losses to Nucks, 4-3 loss to Jets, 4-3 loss to Sens, 4-3 loss to Flames).

Are they really the better team and just losing to hot goaltending, it just seems that everything is going wrong for them. Their PP stinks, their PK stinks, they can't hold the lead (they were up 2-1 in a few of those losses), their goalie stinks, their defense stinks, their offense stinks. Matthews and Marner have dried up and not stealing games for us anymore. They have no injuries, they just had a 4-day rest and still lost to a tired non-playoff team.

This is so reminding of that 2014 year when they were 3rd in the league by mid-March and then lost 12 out of their next 14 games to miss the playoffs and most of those losses were close 1 or 2 goal losses. There's nothing we fans can do but just suck it up. We've changed everybody since then (except Reilly) and it's still happening.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
You're talking about the entire team, I'm criticizing only our 4 stars who should be able to score against these non-playoff teams when we really need it. I agree that 3 goals should be enough to win and Andersen sucks and could have stolen some of those games for us but if our star boys could score like they did before these 7 games, they could have taken 5 of those games (3-1 and 4-2 losses to Nucks, 4-3 loss to Jets, 4-3 loss to Sens, 4-3 loss to Flames).

Are they really the better team and just losing to hot goaltending, it just seems that everything is going wrong for them. Their PP stinks, their PK stinks, they can't hold the lead (they were up 2-1 in a few of those losses), their goalie stinks, their defense stinks, their offense stinks. Matthews and Marner have dried up and not stealing games for us anymore. They have no injuries, they just had a 4-day rest and still lost to a tired non-playoff team.

This is so reminding of that 2014 year when they were 3rd in the league by mid-March and then lost 12 out of their next 14 games to miss the playoffs and most of those losses were close 1 or 2 goal losses. There's nothing we fans can do but just suck it up. We've changed everybody since then (except Reilly) and it's still happening.
maybe most fans just don't give a shit where the offense comes from when the starting goalie is constantly below .900

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Last 5gms:

Matthews 3gls
Nylander 2gls
Marner 2gls
Tavares 1gls

Average: 33gl pace each

Reactions: stickty111

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

The team's problems start with goaltending.

I have a really hard time caring about any other criticisms nowadays.

HC7

May 2, 2018
Can someone with a brain explain to me why Liljegren isn't playing in the NHL, or AHL at this point?

Either they're holding him out for a trade, or they're dumb as rocks.

Even if they're holding him out for a trade they're dumb as rocks because he's exactly what this team needs for the next 6-8 years.

Reactions: RomanianLeafs

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Can someone with a brain explain to me why Liljegren isn't playing in the NHL, or AHL at this point?

Either they're holding him out for a trade, or they're dumb as rocks.

Even if they're holding him out for a trade they're dumb as rocks because he's exactly what this team needs for the next 6-8 years.

has to do with salary cap and getting him NHL money (rewarding him for playing well in the minors)

also practicing with the Leafs can be viewed as better development than playing AHL games.

HC7

May 2, 2018
has to do with salary cap and getting him NHL money (rewarding him for playing well in the minors)

also practicing with the Leafs can be viewed as better development than playing AHL games.

Money I understand, but practising as an extra is not better for development whatsoever.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
So I'm playing NHL 21 doing a Seattle expansion, and noticed you don't select anybody from Vegas. Just checked Capfriendlys expansion tool and again can't take anyone from Vegas. Are they exempt from the draft? I'd understand if they sucked, but the made the final their first year and have been good every year so far.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
So I'm playing NHL 21 doing a Seattle expansion, and noticed you don't select anybody from Vegas. Just checked Capfriendlys expansion tool and again can't take anyone from Vegas. Are they exempt from the draft? I'd understand if they sucked, but the made the final their first year and have been good every year so far.

Yes, I believe they are indeed exempt.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Money I understand, but practising as an extra is not better for development whatsoever.

yes it is. You're practicing against NHL calibre players. Ask any player and they will tell you they probably learn more from NHL practice than they do playing AHL games. That doesn't mean you don't learn playing AHL games. But you're not going to gain the same amount as being around NHL guys. Being up with the pro club, he's learning little tips and tricks that will help him be a pro. He's getting to pick the brain of the defense core.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The bitch of it is is that Jack can't even afford to have a bad game tonight. His first game back from injury.

Reactions: Gallagbi

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Wow, we have another 4 night break after tonight. We've had a back to back followed by 4 days off twice in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad