Pre-Game Talk: Leafs v Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Please be better

A strong performance combined with 60 minutes of effort and the results will take care of themselves, if not were going to continue playing well below our capabilities like we have been recently

I can't say I'm enjoying it much, the boys are capable of so much more

Reactions: stickty111

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Well, we better get more than 6 shots against them. That, would be very nice.

TML11

Feb 11, 2017
Ever since Pretty Boy came back, the team hasn't been the same.... am I the only one that see's this?
To be a fly on the wall in Dubas' office right now.
agree. waaaay too much focus/talk on contract and money, now all I hear is Matthews and Marner's signing dates. do all that in the off season. it takes the focus away from the players focusing on the games. stupid. I wish we still had Hunter.

Reactions: Leaf4Life79

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
agree. waaaay too much focus/talk on contract and money, now all I hear is Matthews and Marner's signing dates. do all that in the off season. it takes the focus away from the players focusing on the games. stupid. I wish we still had Hunter.

That's what the game is becoming now. Too much about the cap, money. To be honest, the cap is the worst thing to have happened to this league. And all the parity it has created is disgusting.

TimPeel

Dec 10, 2017
It would be nice if we could do what other successful teams are doing and stack our lines. Hyman shouldn't be anywhere near the top two lines. This team is so deep and seeing our coach self sabotage our line up for whatever reason is frustrating.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Since Nylanders return this team has looked lost. I would say its due to the line shuffling. Not jumping at Nylander here but it is apparent that he's not ready nor is the team ready for him. He needs to get his legs and game back. He's way too slow physically & mentally when making plays.
The things that have changed is that the PP1 unit is no longer scoring, our PK has been performing worse, and Andersen has come back to earth a bit. None of which has anything to do with Nylander.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

great

Apr 14, 2018
The things that have changed is that the PP1 unit is no longer scoring, our PK has been performing worse, and Andersen has come back to earth a bit. None of which has anything to do with Nylander.

I’m actually wondering why the PK has gotten worse, what happened to it. All of them look tired.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I’m actually wondering why the PK has gotten worse, what happened to it. All of them look tired.
Wish I knew. I'm pretty lousy at analyzing PKs. I do think a flaw in our PK, especially lately, is that we are not good enough at getting the puck out. That leads to long PP shifts, and we start to break down and miss coverage or passing lanes.

Reactions: Trawna Phan

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
we have run into some good PP's that have been hot, what are you going do, it happens, weather the storm...

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
That's what the game is becoming now. Too much about the cap, money. To be honest, the cap is the worst thing to have happened to this league. And all the parity it has created is disgusting.

I tend to agree but it has allowed some markets to establish themselves, which is good for the NHL.

The bigger issue, in my mind, is the league moving toward the US College style of play. The WJHC is going to penalize for contact if the player doesn’t have the puck. I understand why they’re doing it, but I don’t like it.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Wish I knew. I'm pretty lousy at analyzing PKs. I do think a flaw in our PK, especially lately, is that we are not good enough at getting the puck out. That leads to long PP shifts, and we start to break down and miss coverage or passing lanes.

They do that 5v5, however theyve been much better this year than in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad