Pre-Game Talk: Leafs v Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Please everybody, let's not make this thread about "the Leafs will easily beat the lowly Devils" cause every time we do that, we lose to the so-called lowly team (Sens, Pens, Blues, Canes, Red Wings, Bruins, Panthers). Let's just hope they get their act together and play all games as tough (and for the entire 60 minutes) as they played the Bolts (minus the few foolish errors).

BTW, when I include the Bruins in the lowly category, it's was assumed we'd beat them cause of all the injuries they had but they manhandled us.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Carolina last week?

Just feels longer because of the last two disappointing games.
More like the Philly game. Game was over after the 1st.

I've missed the last few, too many events going on. I will get to watch tomorrow though, most likely my last game until Columbus.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Please everybody, let's not make this thread about "the Leafs will easily beat the lowly Devils" cause every time we do that, we lose to the so-called lowly team (Sens, Pens, Blues, Canes, Red Wings, Bruins, Panthers). Let's just hope they get their act together and play all games as tough (and for the entire 60 minutes) as they played the Bolts (minus the few foolish errors).

BTW, when I include the Bruins in the lowly category, it's was assumed we'd beat them cause of all the injuries they had but they manhandled us.

It's that simple? Count me in.

Reactions: FishManSam

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Steam rolling the Devils like we did here doesn't do much for us other than pad the stats and perhaps give some confidence. I say Babs evens the playing field by starting Sparks and Marincin.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I said steam rolling. A hard fought win does more for us that steam rolling them. The last thing this team needs is to continue to think that they simply have to show up to win.
They do win when they 'show up". They need to 'show up' more often.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Kadri - Johnsson​

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
I hope Babs sticks with the same lines that got us a point in Florida.
Good luck with that.

Both against Detroit and Florida, they came back in the 3rd when the lines got scrambled a bit to load up on offense. Imagine the possibilities if Babcock does something drastic from puck drop. I'll never understand how top players like Marner, Nylander, Kapanen, Johnsson can all get stints on the bottom 6 but Hyman is super glued to the top line. Maybe one day Hyman can get a larger suspension and force Babcocks hand.

Maybe.

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
Welcome to hell Leaf fans, where we face our demons. Time to overcome Betman's ironic punishments once and for all and freeze hell over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad