Pre-Game Talk: Leafs v Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambassador Bridge

Apr 19, 2004
a nice 8-1 smashing to calm the fans would be nice. Nylander 4 points, Matthews Hatty and some wizard moves from Marner finished off by Tavares. Rielly getting 8 secondary assists.

Sounds like an obvious outcome.

If only Freddy would only let 1 goal in..............<sigh>

Reactions: Al14

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Are we really gonna do this?
We treally is going to twerk on this thang, real hard! We gon get the points, play hard and heavy like drinking is. Still get the win. Frederik will our most biggest fool in this one y'all can mark that thang up in your calendars real hard. Its already ours and it hasn't even dropped yet. We gon bounce and swerve on this thang with our great puck control. The Devils don't have dat. They ain't have Lou neither anymore. Not anymore. They loser fools, jelious on us. We nowadays have the money, the power and the personel. That's all we need cause its entertainment and sports at the same time. Invest some, and get it back.

Reactions: al secord

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Special teams need a new look. Teams are just leaving the point open and rushing on the half boards as soon as Marner or Matthews touches the puck.

My wish for Xmas is shuffling the lines to look like

Kapanen-Matthews-Nylander
Johnsson-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Hyman
Ennis-Lindholm-Brown

Rielly-Gardiner
Dermott-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Ozzy (Holl)

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Figure it out!

That lack of power in the play....made me red in the face!

Fool us Babs.

Go with

Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander
Johnsson - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Kadri - Hyman
Brown - Lindholm - Ennis

Rielly - Zeitsev
Dermott- Hainsey
Gardiner - Ozighanov

Special teams need a new look. Teams are just leaving the point open and rushing on the half boards as soon as Marner or Matthews touches the puck.

Johnsson-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Hyman
Ennis-Lindholm-Brown

Rielly-Gardiner
Dermott-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Ozzy (Holl)

Woah. Lol I didn't look at your forwards before I posted.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Why doesn't Babcock try changing the defense pairs? Even Dubas admitted the defense needs to be better exiting the zone. Why not promote Dermott and move down Hainsey/Zaitsev or atleast try Gardiner and Rielly together.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Why doesn't Babcock try changing the defense pairs? Even Dubas admitted the defense needs to be better exiting the zone. Why not promote Dermott and move down Hainsey/Zaitsev or atleast try Gardiner and Rielly together.

Seems like he doesn't adjust very well

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Figure it out!

That lack of power in the play....made me red in the face!

Fool us Babs.

Go with

Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander
Johnsson - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Kadri - Hyman
Brown - Lindholm - Ennis

Rielly - Zeitsev
Dermott- Hainsey
Gardiner - Ozighanov

Woah. Lol I didn't look at your forwards before I posted.

I've been saying for a while the lines need some new looks. Hyman has been stapled to the top line the past 2 years and I'm not sure why. Babcock keeps pumping his tires as a golden retriever which is nice and all, but once the puck is back to Tavares or Marner, they are handicapped because Hyman is not a viable offensive option. The big boys are more than capable of fetching their own pucks, hell Marner is like a little thief with the amount of times he pick pockets the opposition in the offensive zone. Kapanen is a more skilled and equally as good in the corners. Which brings me to the second point, why does the team dump and chase the puck when they obviously don't have build for that type of game? I get the stretch pass as an option to relieve D pressure and Leafs are fast enough to exploit any pinching D but what ever happened to controlled zone entries? It would be nice to see the team figure out what are their strengths before the playoffs.

He waits until it's too late in the third to shake things up. Rielly and Gardiner make a very potent offensive D that can move the puck well and both of those guys can skate like the wind. Dermott and Zaitsev would make for a decent shutdown pair as both of these guys have show flashes of physical play and ability to stop the other teams offensive cycle (which I think is one of the biggest defensive weakness for the Leafs). Hainsey and Ozzy is a black hole though and a total wild card.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018

Babcock is a coach stuck in a different era in many respects.

Reactions: IPS

mrbagina

Jan 4, 2017
It makes no sense and doesn't do anyone any good
Frustrating how babcock does that
in 3 years Holl will get the chance, look pretty good and then be shipped out for a box of old flip phones and will be a top 4 d somewhere else.....good one Randy...er I mean Babs

mrbagina

Jan 4, 2017

Johnsson-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Hyman
Ennis-Lindholm-Brown

Rielly-Gardiner
Dermott-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Ozzy (Holl)
Top 3 lines are spot on....that 4th line needs some work

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Top 3 lines are spot on....that 4th line needs some work
The 4th line is what it is. Right now those are all interchangeable if the opportunity is thereto replace one or two but for now let's see if the top 3 lines get sorted close to that

NothingButPING

Jun 26, 2015
Since Nylanders return this team has looked lost. I would say its due to the line shuffling. Not jumping at Nylander here but it is apparent that he's not ready nor is the team ready for him. He needs to get his legs and game back. He's way too slow physically & mentally when making plays.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I watched a replay of the Devils Pred game this afternoon....this won’t be an easy game for the Leafs if the Devils play hard.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto

Johnsson-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Hyman
Ennis-Lindholm-Brown

Rielly-Gardiner
Dermott-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Ozzy (Holl)

These are the lines. Yes sir. You are great

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I watched a replay of the Devils Pred game this afternoon....this won’t be an easy game for the Leafs if the Devils play hard.
And, they'll play even harder against our Leafs, guaranteed! Team always play above their heads when they play our Leafs just because it's the Leafs and the prime time exposure they get playing them.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Ever since Pretty Boy came back, the team hasn't been the same.... am I the only one that see's this?
To be a fly on the wall in Dubas' office right now.
Trade Nylander for thug life good Canadian kid
Russ Courtnall to the Montreal Canadiens for Jon Kordic and that kind of thing
More drugs and booze needed to justify trading Nylander than required to win an Olympic bid
Nylander needs to get into game shape, and then you will be happy we didn't trade him for some bling

Toronto trades Russ Courtnall to the Montreal Canadiens for Jon Kordic and a 6th Round Pick in 1989 (Mike Doers)
Poor Gord Stellick… he’ll never live this trade down. The Leafs needed a goon, and the Habs were interested in Russ Courtnall. Apparently rather than haggle, the Leafs’ response was “Sure, why not.” How did the trade work out? Sadly, even worse than its reputation. Kordin got 446 penalty minutes and 16 points in 104 games as a Leaf, while Courtnall gradually improved over parts of four seasons with the Habs. He ended up with 82 goals and 195 points in 250 games for Montreal. I know other trades have had closer margins in terms of the numbers, and ranked lower. But this is one of those trades that just lives in infamy. Plus the Leafs have had very, VERY few scoring wingers over the past 20 years, and barely a handful that were drafted by Toronto. What’s worse, the Leafs traded Kordic and Paul Fenton for a 5th round pick for… Alexei Kudashov. Wow. Meanwhile, the Habs turned Russ Courtnall into Brian Bellows, who won a Stanley Cup with the Habs. And Courtnall kept on being a decent offensive player (and I believe an all-star) with the Dallas Stars.
"
"15 Worst Trades in Toronto Maple Leafs History (Part 3 of 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad