GDT: Leafs v Bruins II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
You cant give up massive edges in elimination games.

Our PP icetime usage is a joke and something you'd see in houseleague hockey.

Not anywhere close to optimal to be playing guys like Marleau/Ennis/Kapanen etc as much on the PP as Matthews/Tavares/Marner.

We need to take this game and our top guys need to be on the PP for at least 1:30 just like the other team is doing.
We're not just using the 2nd unit as much as the first... we're using them more. Babcock needs a brain scan.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
He shouldn't have let the 1st one in too! It was worse than the nice shot from Krug.

I thought on the replay it banked off the d mans shin pad and changed direction through his 5 hole. I guess either way he should of been set better for the shot.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I still have some confidence about the game. We desperately need Tavares or someone to show up and score some clutch goals here.

Leafs need to play all out in front of their fans. No excuse really.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
People, stop bitching about the penalties. Both were merited.

From the live action camera angle, Dermott's looked like a terrible call, but his skate tripped DeBrusk clearly.
Maybe if the defensive pair could retrieve the puck and move it efficiently instead of waiting for the forecheckers to bear down on them behind the net.

Also, maybe if Babcock could somehow decide to not play the 2nd power play unit for 45%-55% of the time.
I would especially not have put Ennis out on the power play after a stupid penalty that led to the tying goal.

Also, I just saw the graphic that Rielly isn't a top 3 finalist for the Norris.
Wow.
20 goals, 70 points, depended on for offense and defense all year long.

What a joke.

Cynical

Aug 23, 2014
The Bruins are a one line team and Babcock is playing right into their hands with his stubborn line matching. Just let your best players play instead of worrying about matching up. You have the better team!!

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I thought on the replay it banked off the d mans shin pad and changed direction through his 5 hole. I guess either way he should of been set better for the shot.

It deflected down off of Hainsey... that play was on Marner, he cheated and lost big.

Reactions: BayStBullies

weems

Jul 3, 2008
We're not just using the 2nd unit as much as the first... we're using them more. Babcock needs a brain scan.

In a massive game to boot.

The other team did the optimal thing and got rewarded.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Gotta stay out of the box. Boston couldn't do jack until the PP's and following goal momentum

Refs know this and will award PPs to both teams evenly...

One team has a world class PP
The other has a house league one.

LMFAOOOOOOoOOOO

This is just as bad as lightning getting swept.
We have no PP hahahahaha

Im not even pissed its just funny.
Babs needs a new PP coach LAST YEAR FFS

Reactions: Willchel Marlynder
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad