GDT: Leafs v Bruins II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
Well, the lack of anything considered effort in the defensive zone is especially concerning. The special teams is absolutely brutal and the so far this game so has been the important face-offs.

Ill give them a bit of leeway though. This is an elimination game against a strong team playing with their backs against the wall on the road. But my god, when the second period starts the Leafs better take over this game quickly.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

weems

Jul 3, 2008
You cant give up massive edges in elimination games.

Our PP icetime usage is a joke and something you'd see in houseleague hockey.

Not anywhere close to optimal to be playing guys like Marleau/Ennis/Kapanen etc as much on the PP as Matthews/Tavares/Marner.

We need to take this game and our top guys need to be on the PP for at least 1:30 just like the other team is doing.

Cynical

Aug 23, 2014
This off-season we should really invest in a center who can win a face off and pk. Replace Goat in the lineup.
They need to invest in new special teams coaches. It's clear these coaches are as stubborn as Babcock. They have no clue how to adjust.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
He shouldn't have let the 1st one in too! It was worse than the nice shot from Krug.

The 1st goal went off the inside of Hainsey's leg and deflected pass Anderson...Marner blew by Marchand for whatever reason, who was his man...really bad play by Marner there.

Reactions: LastOne2100

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Babs bettet adjust accordingly NOW.

We cant afford a 3rd period adjustment like he usually does.

If we lose this game Pp coach deserves to be fired and banned from Toronto.PERIOD

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Regardless special teams are part of the game. Whoever is in charge of special teams for our team needs to get canned
When all is said and done, Babcock is the head coach. It's his job to make things right. He hasn't done squat as far as I can see. The special teams just aren't so special. It's on Babcock IMHO.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Leafs got alot of star players.. Nylander, Matthews, Tavares, Marner.... someone needs to show up big this game.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I half expected the Leafs to take control in the first. Bergeron and more importantly Marchand didn’t let that happen. If they keep it up there will be a game 7.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Jim Hughson has been tolerable so far this series, Craig Simpson meh as usual. but Craig is really showing his "f*** the leafs" thing tonight

Reactions: BayStBullies

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
The 1st goal went off the inside of Hainsey's leg and deflected pass Anderson...Marner blew by Marchand for whatever reason, who was his man...really bad play by Marner there.
Love Mitch and how he's played all year but he's been pretty blegh for a few games now.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
When all is said and done, Babcock is the head coach. It's his job to make things right. He hasn't done squat as far as I can see. The special teams just aren't so special. It's on Babcock IMHO.

He knew there was problems mid season and didnt wanna fire the guy.

Look where are now!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad