Friedman: Leafs/Treliving have offered multiple picks to CGY for Tanev, but not their 1st round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
He is 30 yrs old and is already skating like father time has caught up. He has his cup and his retirement contract.

Modern hockey is about speed and if you can't skate then you gotta be positionally really sound and use your wingspan like Chara did effectively for years on.

Parayko is done IMO; I've seen enough of the blues last couple years and he ain't it. He isn't playing for a contract or a cup so don't think he has any motivation to up his game

Also Leafs can't make a move for Parayko without moving some money out and there is no way Blues are going to retain 50% on his contract for such a long duration
I'll take your word for it I take it you've watched more of the Blues than me, thanks for the insight

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
You seem to be massively over valuing 1sts. Like you could offer all of your remaining picks for 3 years and still not get Andersson.

Going rate for Tanev is likely a 2nd and a third. But there's probably 5 teams offering that so whoever ponies up a 1st gets him.

Good for other teams. As long as its not the Leafs. Tanev is sereiously overrated IMO a pending UFA with injury history to boot. Whoever pays a 1st rounder for him would get mocked like crazy

I'll take your word for it I take it you've watched more of the Blues than me, thanks for the insight

you can have a peak at his stats

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Good for other teams. As long as its not the Leafs. Tanev is sereiously overrated IMO a pending UFA with injury history to boot. Whoever pays a 1st rounder for him would get mocked like crazy

Then ya, if you only want to spend a third go get Edmundson or something.

Only need one team to pay up

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I genuinely think Tanev is the difference between a first round exit and winning a round for the Leafs. Whether that’s worth a first round pick to them I don’t know.

People think Tanev is just good at blocking shots and being physical. He’s excellent at those things but he’s also surprisingly mobile and good at moving the puck up the ice ( breakout passes, makes the right play when exiting the zone).

He’s such a stabilizing force on the back end. He’s 34, yeah. If that’s what is turning off the Leafs when they have how many more whacks at it with this core? 2,3? That’s fine. Calgary will get their price from someone else

Reactions: InfinityIggy

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario

you can have a peak at his stats
HockeyDB doesnt touch on much other than basic stuff like points.

Hockey reference goes into more advanced stuff. I like to look at Point Sharing (PS), an estimated amount of points in the standings a player contributes.

Its tough to gauge mid-season but at around this point, 50 games in, star players have 8-10 (Matthews is at 11, Mackinnon 10, McDavid 9 for example), bottom of the roster players might have 1-2 (Benoit and Giordano have 1 for example), and mid tier players like top 6 forwards/top 4 D might be around 4-6, and that is where Parayko sits, at 5.

I'm not trynna base everything off of that as i'm not even a huge advanced stats guy but that lead me to believe he was still a contributing player.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He is 30 yrs old and is already skating like father time has caught up. He has his cup and his retirement contract.

Modern hockey is about speed and if you can't skate then you gotta be positionally really sound and use your wingspan like Chara did effectively for years on.

Parayko is done IMO; I've seen enough of the blues last couple years and he ain't it. He isn't playing for a contract or a cup so don't think he has any motivation to up his game

Also Leafs can't make a move for Parayko without moving some money out and there is no way Blues are going to retain 50% on his contract for such a long duration

Blues fans would say you are wrong.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
After the fanbase, and allegedly the team, were after him for the better part of a decade, there seems to be a disproportionate amount of "he sucks, we don't want him anyways" around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad