Friedman: Leafs/Treliving have offered multiple picks to CGY for Tanev, but not their 1st round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022

"When it comes to Tanev, I think the Flames are waiting for a first-round pick gets offered. I think that’s what they’re waiting for and if a team steps up with a first-rounder, I can see it happening."

It sounds like Treliving is low-balling right now. We'll see if he caves in and moves TOR's 1st.

I thought I heard that EDM are going all in for Tanev. I wonder if Tanev prefers TOR...

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Teams really think they're getting a hot commidity without coughing up a 1st or a great prospect?
Maybe. There is a report by Friedman saying that, but whether it is true or not is unknown. I haven't seen any reports about other GMs offers.

Reactions: Toene

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
considering they dont have their 2nds until forever. probably a 3rd and 5th which is understandable why conroy hasn't accepted
Treliving is delusional if he thinks a package of Leafs picks not including their 1st rounder will get anything done, especially when none of the Leafs prospects really are that exciting outside Cowan (not suggesting he be involved)

That said, you can trade picks up to 5 years out IIRC, so he could be offering 2028 and 2029 second round picks :laugh:

Maybe. There is a report by Friedman saying that, but whether it is true or not is unknown. I haven't seen any reports about other GMs offers.
it was rumored the Canucks offered a 2nd and a prospect for Tanev at the time of the Lindholm deal

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Honest question... can a sign and trade even happen at this point in the season, or would the acquiring team have to wait until the summer?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
A late first isn’t that big of a deal. If the Leafs think that Tanev might be the missing piece to a team that can go on a Cup run, then you have to do it.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Yup. UFAs could have signed starting July 2nd

Thanks... I had a brain freeze.

Back on topic... as many Oiler (or Wings) fans will tell you, Holland won't be trading a 1st unless he gets Tanev signed... which could explain why Sevarelli said we were all over this... but it hasn't happened yet. Could be contract negotiations.

Tanev would be great, but if we are trading our 1st, I want someone with some contract legs to it.... reminds me just how much of a steal Ekholm was last year.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
A late first isn’t that big of a deal. If the Leafs think that Tanev might be the missing piece to a team that can go on a Cup run, then you have to do it.
It is when you toss away picks for years and have nothing to show for it (thanks dubas).

Hes not the missing piece. The core needs to figure out a way to rise to the occasion. Until they show they are capable of that, it doesnt matter what they bring it. They live and die by the 4 (really 3 now)

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019

This. Tanev on the Leafs immediately becomes their #2 D and he makes their blueline that much better. Giving up a 1st for a team needing to win now is not a big price.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if Robertson is in that offer somewhere or moved somewhere else, he's a talented player. but Keefe doesn't seem to be a fan of his, and he's a Dubas guy so Treliving has no loyalty to him.

What’s up with the reverse Friedman

I was wondering that too.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
So not a first and not a second...

Really tempting haha.

Guys hands out draft picks like Candy, it'll come. Although I'd love for him to have the "it's a process but I didn't do anything" speech. Toronto fans will love that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad