Speculation: Leafs Trade Deadline Prediction

By Trade Deadline the Leafs will:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
The Leafs will get that 1st or 2nd pairing RHD and pay the substantial price to get that player. There are RFAs the team won't be able to afford this summer. Why not jump the gun and use one of those chips for the upcoming playoffs (and maybe beyond).

Reactions: SAMCRO44

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I need:

Elite Speculation
Power Analysis
Big Trades
Prospects
Draft Picks
Future Considerations
Salary Retention
Angry Fans
More Fun

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
I need:

Elite Speculation
Power Analysis
Big Trades
Prospects
Draft Picks
Future Considerations
Salary Retention
Angry Fans
More Fun

You asked for it.....

Leafs will acquire Edler from VAN, Hayes and/or Kreider from NYR and they will move out Gardiner, Brown, one of Johnsson/Kapanen, many picks and many prospects.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Is Kreider a real thing, because that is something I posted here as my wish list, but it wasn't based on any information reported?

I found it from your LINK ..

TSN: Toronto Maple Leafs among teams asking about Kreider. According to Larry Brooks of the New York Post, the Toronto Maple Leafs are believed to be among the teams that have inquired on New York Rangers forward Chris Kreider. Kreider, 27, has 24 goals and 44 points in 59 games this season. He is currently on pace for a career-best 33 goals and 61 points this season and is averaging a career-high 17:33 of ice time with the Rangers.
The 2009 first-round pick of the Rangers is signed through next season at a cap hit of $4.625 million and has an 11-team no-trade list in his contract.

:hockey::wave:
He would be an absolute beauty pickup.
Not sure how they could make that work though.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I don’t think he is that good but our LW depth could be helped

Unless Marleau is going the other way that would be a low value move as he doesn't offer anything they don't have more of in five other players. Since they only have 10 cents in cap space they need to hit a home run to actually improve their chances. If they could just teleport him in for Ennis that might be nice but he isn't really a bargain at $3M and is a pending RFA so probably hoping for a raise.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
He would be an absolute beauty pickup.
Not sure how they could make that work though.

I agree I think Kreider -- Matthews combo would be dynamic and difficult to control for the opposition, and that would pair nicely with JT and Marner on a 2nd line.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
I've wanted Kreider for YEARS... no idea how we can possibly make that work though?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I agree I think Kreider -- Matthews combo would be dynamic and difficult to control for the opposition, and that would pair nicely with JT and Marner on a 2nd line.
I've been wondering if the Leafs might be thinking of moving Kadri?
Move Nylander to C and bring in a Kreider with the freed up cap space.

Reactions: Raging Bull

araisarena

Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/Ann Arbor
I wouldn't hate that. Like Kadri but hes been ineffective as a pest this year compared to most of his career.

that isn't true lol. A lot of you take bad shooting % as a player regressing. He still drives play, still has the shooting/Scoring chance/CF which are all actually better than the last 2 years (albeit because of easier competition) and is going to get 20+ goals this season on a bad shooting year.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I predict that Connor Brown is not traded and plays his best hockey in the postseason.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
There's been too much scouting, smoke, reports of interest..... and the Leafs are close. I think Dubas makes a big splash

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
its definitely doable.

Probably doable but extremely difficult.

We don't have much cap space. We don't have our first round pick. They will want significant assets in return. We still have a hole on RD regardless of this trade.

It feels too difficult

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Kreider!:thumbu:

If he were available

Nylander + Gardiner + Ennis + Liljegren + 2nd 2020

Kreider + Pionk + Mats Zuccarello

Kreider - Matty - Kapanen

Hyman - JT - Marner

Johnsson - Kadri - Zuccarello