By Trade Deadline the Leafs will:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I would be fairly surprised if we stand pat.

Dubas is still big game hunting, and likely has some smaller additions in his back pocket, depending on how the market develops.

That said, we added Jake Muzzin, who has been a perfect fit. Hard to be angry if that is our only move.

Reactions: Menzinger

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Sadly, stand pat.

Rejoice, rejoice, rejoice! Kapanen, Johnsson and Nylander remain Leafs and Leafs nation cries!

Analytics x salary cap /3.14159 x.100= no trades happening and Trade Deadline Breaking Emergency Broadcasting News Alert System remains flat

Dreams of aging stars sitting the the Leafs penalty box remain - thankfully - just dreams, as the Europeans in the Leafs organization like in the league are on the rise

Leafs condemned to challenge for the cup with what is more or less the Soviet Red Army team, with all that [sarcasm] stupid [/sarcasm] passing, skating, scoring, spatial awareness, quickness, and fundamentally sound hockey and next to no blood on the ice, I guess we are just going to have to suffer through being the best, and that is that.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I really like the talk out there that the Leafs are looking into Hayes and Kreider

Is Kreider a real thing, because that is something I posted here as my wish list, but it wasn't based on any information reported?

I found it from your LINK ..

TSN: Toronto Maple Leafs among teams asking about Kreider. According to Larry Brooks of the New York Post, the Toronto Maple Leafs are believed to be among the teams that have inquired on New York Rangers forward Chris Kreider. Kreider, 27, has 24 goals and 44 points in 59 games this season. He is currently on pace for a career-best 33 goals and 61 points this season and is averaging a career-high 17:33 of ice time with the Rangers.
The 2009 first-round pick of the Rangers is signed through next season at a cap hit of $4.625 million and has an 11-team no-trade list in his contract.

:hockey::wave:

Last edited:

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Big Chris Kreider fan and think he would be a great addition to add size, skill and toughness.

My trade proposal was a real hockey trade Nylander + Zaitsev for Kreider and Brady Skjei.

that is not a bad proposal.

I prefer to move a guy like Brown. $2.1 mill on the 4th line is not good for the Leafs.

So many a package of Brown, a prospect and a pick.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Probably stand pat. Already made what should be a key addition with Muzzin and used our first round pick. Not sure we really do much else and mostly just take a shot with this group.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
that is not a bad proposal.

I prefer to move a guy like Brown. $2.1 mill on the 4th line is not good for the Leafs.

So many a package of Brown, a prospect and a pick.

If not Nylander, I think teams will be asking for Kappy and Johnsson before Brown. IMO

Hotel Mario

Feb 4, 2013
Thunder Bay
- We've already spent our 1st pick + 2 decent prospects in an attempt to win now for this season. In future seasons it's quite obvious cap and contract status will limit our opportunity to be competitive. The time is now, to do the best with the players we have in place.
- I'd like to see my mind blown by trading Gardiner for futures, and parlay that into other players that fit better in a playoff style (remember Game 7?). More realistic that they acquire a depth piece, hopefully a "heavy" forward such as Clifford.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Hagelin to WSH is done. LA gets third round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft and a conditional sixth round pick in the 2020

correction: LA retain 50% of Hagelins salary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad