Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Santa! ( aka Mike Santorelli)

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Legwand looked like a broken man in Detroit. I prefer Santorelli far above Legwand - without even considering the cap implications.

Santorelli has good speed which fits in great with our lineup.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
do the leafs really have a track record of monster contracts? relative to other teams?

By monster, I mean big and bad.

Like Clarkson, Komisarek. You know, those.

Maybe not too bad in terms of dollar amounts to these guys, but we do seem to have bad luck with them recently.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
what kids

image.php

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
what kids

:laugh:

Come on now, it's the Leafs! What did you expect?

Seriously though, there's still room. Factor in injuries and guys like Holland, Ashton, Frattin, maybe even Carrick and Leivo will get their shots no doubt.

One of Percy/Granberg is almost guaranteed a permanent spot at this point, unless Franson comes back.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I also think a center will be playing wing. Could be Holland or Santorelli. At least if we have an injury we wont have to bring in another Smithson.

JVR Bozak Kessel
Lupul Kadri Clarkson
Komarov Kontiola Santorelli
Frattin Holland Devane/Broll/Mclaren/Ashton
Orr

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Canuck fans are pissed he is gone

For good reason, the guy was borderline dominant in ES scoring. He was top 30 in the league in that regard for most of thr games he played last season

Don't look too much into those offensive numbers. Played with the Sedin's at the beginning of the year, IIRC.

He was most often on the second or third line, his stint with the twins was fairly short and he his production didn't predominantly come from playing on that line.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Beautiful depth move .. As was said above not only is it a versatile group, but a hardworking bunch of players

Excellent ... Quite happy with Nonis/Shanahan's work overall so far

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Good depth signing, as long as it doesn't lead to Holland getting buried on the 4th line again.

If the 4th line plays 10-12 minutes a night with capable players like Frattin/Finnish Guy/Leivo then he won't exactly be buried.

CalgaryLeaf*

At the time of that clip above he was a 48% career shootout scorer...The Leafs can use a player like that on SO's...Points become very valuable when striving for a playoff spot.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Very good signing. More cheap depth is never a bad thing.

If the team is doing poorly we can flip him for a pick at the deadline.

con310*

Looks like we are going to have 4 good lines... It's a miracle!

this what is key in all these depth signings...no big names but hopefully the Leafs can have 4 working lines and I think that will be huge.

Jacob8hockey*

These 1 year/short term contracts are exactly what is needed for bottom 6 guys. We don't need to look most of them up long term, its fine switching these guys up every couple years and let them chase money elsewhere after.

Who knows, we may have found our 2nd line RW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad